* Questions on enumeration and itemize
@ 2002-04-24 14:41 Christophe Pythoud
From: Christophe Pythoud @ 2002-04-24 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

1)

I have some legal documents to typeset of the form :

1    This is an article
1.1  this is a subarticle detailing some point
1.2  this is a second subarticle

2    This is an other article
2.1  this is a subarticle
2.2  etc.

I do:

\defineenumeration
  [artst]
  [location=left,
   text={},
   width=3em,
   headstyle=normal]
\setupenumerations[artst][headstyle=bold,style=bold]
\setupenumerations[subartst][headstyle=normal,style=normal]

and I get the main items (1 and 2) typeset in bold (which is what I want).
But the minor items (1.1, 1.2, 2.1, etc.) are not typeset the way I was
expecting them to be: the text is in normal style (what I want) but the
number is in bold (I want them as normal text).  I don't understand why
this happen.  I was under the impression that the second \setupenumerations
should not even be necessary.  What am I missing?

2)

Later in the same document, I want to have at some point:

2    bla bla
2.1  bla bla
2.2  bla bla :
     a)  bla bla
     b)  bla bla
     c)  etc.

What I do for now is:

\startitemize[a][width=3em,stopper=)]
\item some text ;
\item some more text.
\stopitemize

which gives me:

2.2  bla bla
a)   bla bla
b)   bla bla
c)   etc.

Quite nice but not exactly what I want.  How do I place the whole
enumeration 3em away from the margin?  BTW, is there a way to do that for
any paragraph (I mean a random paragraph in some text, not as a global
setting).  I have been trying every possible combination of commands I
looked up in the manuals but to no avail.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

I'm using ConTeXt beta from March 27, 2002.

A nice day to all,

Christophe

------
 Christophe Pythoud (pythoud@moria.ch)

* Re: Questions on enumeration and itemize
@ 2002-04-24 17:25 ` W. Egger
From: W. Egger @ 2002-04-24 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi Christophe

I was dealing with this issue some time ago. There are a lot of partially
new possibilities within the itemization environment. You might have a look
into core-itm.tex

Here tow examples as I used them:

\setupitemize[2][atmargin][headstyle=\it,marstyle=\it,symstyle=\it,indentnex
t=no]

\setupitemize[3][4*broad][distance= 2cm, width=2cm,before={\blank[small]}]

The first [ ] indicate the level on which the settings are used.

I hop this will help you setup your environment.

Willi