* Different backgrounds on opposite pages?
@ 2002-09-03  7:25 AlterEgo Qasars
From: AlterEgo Qasars @ 2002-09-03  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good morning!

I have to put some strange black areas on pages -- different
on the left and the right page. The backgrounds mechanism
could be perfect for this very reason. How can I make it
to put different stuff at the left and the right page?

Many thanks,
M.K.

* Re: Different backgrounds on opposite pages?
@ 2002-09-03  7:37 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-09-03  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: konference o ConTeXtu

At 09:25 AM 9/3/2002 +0200, AlterEgo Qasars wrote:
>Good morning!
>
>I have to put some strange black areas on pages -- different
>on the left and the right page. The backgrounds mechanism
>could be perfect for this very reason. How can I make it
>to put different stuff at the left and the right page?

\setupbackgrounds
   [leftpage]

[you can use metapost to draw the backgrounds, seen metafun manual for
example; you can access all areas]

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* RE: Different backgrounds on opposite pages?
@ 2002-09-03  7:58 ` Martin Kolarík
From: Martin Kolarík @ 2002-09-03  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

maybe the layers would be useful for you:

\definelayer[somelayer][doublesided=yes]

\setlayer[somelayer][left][x=<dimen>,y=<dimen>]{e.g. \externalfigure...}
\setlayer[somelayer][right][x=<dimen>,y=<dimen>]{e.g. \externalfigure...}

More you can find in cont-lyr, the mechanism works fine,

Martin