From: "Frans Goddijn" <frans@goddijn.com>
Subject: Re: ConTeXt and expert fonts
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 20:02:36 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Bruce,

> OK, I've gone through all the manuals, and
> tried hard to figure this out, but obviously
> don't quite get the details of the font system
> in ConTeXt.

There are two relatively simple ways to install a font under ConTeXt. Which
of the two applies to depends.

1) If you're really very smart, like a couple of guys I know who only have
to look at certain things, and play with them a few minutes before they
start understanding how it all works and at the same time they discover even
more options... then you can find the examples on the list archives
http://ml-archives.mini.pw.edu.pl/ntg-context.html and from those you can
easily create your own setup. There's even s perl script to do lots of stuff
for you. Also, at
http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html
there's much to be learned from.

2) If you're like me, you just need to find someone who knows how it works,
and work out some arrangement so you can send him your font files and
receive back the necessary files and their location specifics plus a short
message telling you which files to put where and what mappings to add to
certain existing font config files.

I've tried to promote myself to the 1st category a few times but until I get
smarter or the system gets even simpler than it already is, I remain in the
second category...

Groet!

Frans
www.goddijn.com