* \pounds problem
@ 2000-05-31 18:12 Christopher G D Tipper
From: Christopher G D Tipper @ 2000-05-31 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi all,

I am trying to produce a £ symbol. I just want to use the standard TeX \pounds as I don't want to be bothered with \language[uk] or \useencoding[win]. The problem is that I get an "Undefined control sequence" when \pounds is parsed. It seems to be a ConTeXT problem because this particular document (which I have fully converted) compiles under LaTeX and as I understand it \pounds is a TeX macro which should be the same in LaTeX and ConTeXT.

Thanks for your help,
Christopher

* Re: \pounds problem
@ 2000-06-02 13:19 Christopher G D Tipper
From: Christopher G D Tipper @ 2000-06-02 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The saga continues...

Anybody who actually feels minded to test that script had better use the following:

\setupbodyfont
  [ber,pos,12pt]

\def\pounds{\char191}

\starttext

\dollar dollar symbol

\sterling pound sterling symbol

\pounds

\ss \pounds

\stoptext

I used the 'ver' in \setupbodyfont to install a local font I have set up.

Christopher

* Re: \pounds problem
@ 2000-06-02 20:25 Christopher G D Tipper
From: Christopher G D Tipper @ 2000-06-02 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)