* Russian and Arabic in Context
@ 2001-12-25  9:20 R. Ermers
From: R. Ermers @ 2001-12-25  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear colleagues,
I realised that my message must have been a bit cryptic for those who don't understand Dutch.
Here it is again in English:

I would like to know more about the possibilities of using ArabTex with Context.
It is possible to call ArabTex with the command \setupbodyfont[arb] and then apply it with
\startarabic mu.hammad \stoparabic, but that seems to be about it.

Right before the Arabic text appears a nonsensical fragment of Arabic letters and the Arabic text does not nicely line to the right margin, but keeps a distance. Furthermore I miss the refinements of Arabtex, such as \newtanwin, \ligsfalse, etc. (that is, I don't know where to declare them)

While I am at it: I would also like to use a Cyrillic font in Babel, with inputencoding cp1251 and output encoding koi8, which is no problem in Latex.

Well a lot of questions for this Christmas morning. I wish everybody a merry Christmas and \startarabic kull `"aAm wa-antum bi-_hayr wa-bi-.si.h.ha! \stoparabic

Groeten,

Rob Ermers