* Tabulate and placing of chemical formulae
@ 2003-01-28 15:21 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-01-28 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Please find enclosed a file demonstrating some problems concerning:

1. chemical structures placed in a buffer which is typeset with the
\placefigure environment.
       The chemical structure is not rezised.
       The running text starts far to the right at the same height as the
figure starts.

2. a small tabulate which is intended to start with a \HL.
       \HL typeset before the first row of \NC ... \NC\NR, causes a fatal
error with \noalign

Could you please have a look at this?

Thanks for your support, Willi

[-- Attachment #2: tabul-chem.tex --]

% Testfile
% chemical structures
% tabulate first line \HL

\setupoutput[pdftex]
\mainlanguage[nl]
\usemodule[pictex,chemic]
\setupbodyfont[ss,12pt]

\setupchemical[size=small,scale=small,width=fit]
\definepapersize[MyPaper][height=18cm, width=12cm]
\setuppapersize[MyPaper][A5]
\setuplayout
      [header=20pt,
       headerdistance=0.5cm,
       backspace=2.0cm,
       footerdistance=0.1cm,
       footer=12pt,
       veroffset=0.5cm,
       width=8cm]

% Druivesuiker gedraaid om 90 graden
\definechemical[Gluc1]
   {\chemical[SIX,ROT2,+SB4,B1236,-SB5,Z5,R12346,RZ124]
             [O,OH,OH,HOH_2C]}

% Druivesuiker gedraaid om 270 graden
\definechemical[Gluc2]
   {\chemical[SIX,ROT4,B1236,+SB4,-SB5,Z5,R12346,RZ124]
             [O,OH,OH,CH_2OH]}

% Twee druivesuiker moleculen gekoppeld
\definechemical[DiGluc]
   {\chemical[Gluc1]
    \chemical[SUB1,ONE,CZ0,SB15][O]
    \chemical[SUB1,Gluc2]}

\startbuffer[Cellulosemolekul]
   \placeformula[Cellulose]
      \startformula
         \startchemical[scale=small,size=small,width=fit,bottom=3000]
            \bottext{Cellulose}
            \chemical[ONE,Z0,SB1,OE5][O]
            \chemical[SUB1,DiGluc]
            \chemical[SUB1,ONE,Z0,SB15][O]
            \chemical[SUB1,DiGluc]
            \chemical[SUB1,ONE,Z0,SB5,OE1][O]
         \stopchemical
   \stopformula
\stopbuffer

\startbuffer[DEZ1]
   \placeformula
      \startformula
         \chemical{(C_2H_5)_2Zn}{DEZ}
         \chemical{PLUS}
         \chemical{2H^\oplus}{waterstof (zuur)}
         \chemical{GIVES}
         \chemical{Zn^{2\oplus}}{zinkion}
         \chemical{PLUS}
         \chemical{2(C_2H_6)}{ethan}
      \stopformula
\stopbuffer

\starttext

\section{Cellulose}

Gesimplificeerde weergave van de cellulose keten (staat in buffer Cellulosemolekul)

\placefigure[left][fig:Cellulosemolekul]{none}{\externalfigure[Cellulosemolekul][type=buffer,width=\textwidth]}

We thrive in information||thick worlds because of our
marvelous and everyday capacity to select, edit,
single out, structure, highlight, group, pair, merge,
harmonize, synthesize, focus, organize, condense,
reduce, boil down, choose, categorize, catalog, classify,
list, abstract, scan, look into, idealize, isolate,
discriminate, distinguish, screen, pigeonhole, pick over,
sort, integrate, blend, inspect, filter, lump, skip,
smooth, chunk, average, approximate, cluster, aggregate,
outline, summarize, itemize, review, dip into,
flip through, browse, glance into, leaf through, skim,
refine, enumerate, glean, synopsize, winnow the wheat
from the chaff and separate the sheep from the goats.

\section{DEZ (dimethylzink)}

   \startitemize[1,packed]
      \item $(C_2H_5)_2Zn$

      \head Reactie:

   \placefigure[left][fig:DEZ1]{none}{\externalfigure[DEZ1][type=buffer,width=\textwidth]}

      \item DEZ is een gasvormige stof, dringt zeer goed door in het papier
      \item $ZnO$ blijft als basische reserve in het papier.
      \item Gevaarlijke stof, reageerd meteen met $H_2O$.
   \stopitemize

Bij DEZ methode  wordt bij massa-ontzuring eerst het watergehalte van normaal ca. 8\% naar 0.5\% teruggebracht. Na het drogen wordt een overmaat aan DEZ toegevoegd.

\section{Tabulation with starting \type{\HL}}

\placetable[here][tab:Verzierungsweisen]
     {\"Ubersicht \"uber die Verzierungsweisen}
{\switchtobodyfont[small]
\starttabulate[|p(0.35\textwidth)|p(0.125\textwidth)|p|]

%\HL <------ Uncommenting this causes an error!
\NC Klasse            \NC Gruppe     \NC Art                                                \NC\NR
\NC Verzierungsweisen \NC            \NC                                                    \NC\NR
\HL
\NC Drucken           \EQ  Pressen   \EQ Flachdruck als Gold-, Folie-, Farb- und Blinddruck \NC\NR
\NC                   \NC  Pr\"agen  \EQ Stiftvergoldung                                    \NC\NR
\NC                   \NC            \NC Reliefpr\"agung                                    \NC\NR
\NC Kaltvergolden     \EQ            \NC \"Olgrund                                          \NC\NR
\NC                   \NC            \NC Kunstharzklebergrund (Henkel A 22)                 \NC\NR
\NC                   \NC            \NC Vergoldepastengrund                                \NC\NR
\NC Lederschnitt      \EQ            \NC Aufgerissener Lederschnitt                         \NC\NR
\NC                   \NC            \NC Flachschnitt mit Punzung                           \NC\NR
\NC                   \NC            \NC Lederschnitt und Treibarbeit                       \NC\NR
\HL
\stoptabulate}

\stoptext

* Re: Tabulate and placing of chemical formulae
@ 2003-01-29 11:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-29 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 04:21 PM 1/28/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Hans,
>
>Please find enclosed a file demonstrating some problems concerning:
>
>1. chemical structures placed in a buffer which is typeset with the
>\placefigure environment.
>        The chemical structure is not rezised.
>        The running text starts far to the right at the same height as the
>figure starts.
>
>2. a small tabulate which is intended to start with a \HL.
>        \HL typeset before the first row of \NC ... \NC\NR, causes a fatal
>error with \noalign

(1) remove the \placeformula and \startformulas
(2) width=\textwidth -> width=.5\textwidth

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Tabulate and placing of chemical formulae
@ 2003-01-30  9:25   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-01-30  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

> (1) remove the \placeformula and \startformulas
> (2) width=\textwidth -> width=.5\textwidth

Oops,  I was apparentlz trying to improve the layout, but have overdone
things!  - Thanks for your support!

Willi