* JavaScript and Acrobat 3.x
@ 2000-02-08 12:20 Geert Lobbestael (cmb)
From: Geert Lobbestael (cmb) @ 2000-02-08 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have a document with a 'help'-link in the footertext:

\setupfootertext
  [{\goto{Help} [JS(Toggle_Hide{Help})]}]
  [...]

This works fine in Acrobat 4.x, not in Acrobat 3.01 which complains about
a plugin ("The plugin required by this 'Javascript' action is
unavailable.").

I don't know if there is a Javascript plugin for Acrobat 3.01, but even
then I can't add it the networked installation of Acrobat.

Would it be possible to do a comparable thing with Acrobat 3.x / without
JavaScript? Maybe even with a button in the help text to close the Help
window?

Kind regards

Geert Lobbestael
Medical Library
AMC, University of Amsterdam

* Re: JavaScript and Acrobat 3.x
@ 2000-02-09  8:23 ` Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen
From: Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen @ 2000-02-09  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I have a document with a 'help'-link in the footertext:
>
> \setupfootertext
>   [{\goto{Help} [JS(Toggle_Hide{Help})]}]
>   [...]
>
> This works fine in Acrobat 4.x, not in Acrobat 3.01 which complains about
> a plugin ("The plugin required by this 'Javascript' action is
> unavailable.").
>
> I don't know if there is a Javascript plugin for Acrobat 3.01, but even
> then I can't add it the networked installation of Acrobat.

This is called the forms plug-in and used to be available at the adobe
web-site. There are two types:
1. Author plug-in (for Acrobat exchange)
2. Reader plug-in (for the reader).

This plug-in was later integrated into acrobat 4.

Gilbert.

* Re: JavaScript and Acrobat 3.x
@ 2000-02-08 12:44 Karsten Tinnefeld
From: Karsten Tinnefeld @ 2000-02-08 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

> This works fine in Acrobat 4.x, not in Acrobat 3.01 which complains about
> a plugin ("The plugin required by this 'Javascript' action is
> unavailable.").

It needs the so called "forms" plugin.

> I don't know if there is a Javascript plugin for Acrobat 3.01, but even
> then I can't add it the networked installation of Acrobat.

A local installation needs about 18megs on a SUN station, but maybe
just setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and/or symlinking the r/o installation may
help. The script "acroread" is quite flexible about paths.

> Would it be possible to do a comparable thing with Acrobat 3.x / without
> JavaScript? Maybe even with a button in the help text to close the Help
> window?

Afair you cannot.
--
Karsten Tinnefeld                       tinnefeld@ls2.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Fachbereich Informatik, Lehrstuhl 2                   T +49 231 755-4737