Hallo, I am wondering if there is an option in \definetextbackground to get the output over the entire width of a page? I mean to go over the width of the \textwidth (for example like \setlayout[width=\textwidth+\outermargintotal])? I played with \setuplayout before calling textbackground, but it did not work perfectly since the layout of the text after \definetextbackground was changed as well; \setuplayout[reset] before stopping the textbackground did not help. I read the solutions proposed by Aditya but they did not help. Have you any ideas how to get it? Armin