* MetaFun: Typesetting in Metapost (chapter 9 of MetaFun Manual)
@ 2001-11-04 18:39 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2001-11-04 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

I need to create a graphic, where text is placed inside an ellipse. I should
place that in the background for a presentation.....

Now I started to study and try to use MetaFun. It looks like that in the
chapter 9 there is just what I need. - However I did not succed to produce
any of your examples though I copied the code from the manual.

It looks like that there is a problem in the \handletokens macro. When
compiling the code I get an error:

! Argument of \dododohandletokens has an extra }.
<inserted text>
                \par
<to be read again>
                   }
\dododohandletokens ...=\hbox {\bfd \the \MPtoks }
                                                  \par \startMPdrawing \par

How to use the command \getMPgraphic? - Between starttext and stoptext?

Willi

* Re: MetaFun: Typesetting in Metapost (chapter 9 of MetaFun Manual)
@ 2001-11-05 12:41 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-11-05 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:39 PM 11/4/2001 +0100, Willi Egger wrote:

>It looks like that there is a problem in the \handletokens macro. When
>compiling the code I get an error:

what is you exact input ? maybe it was solved already

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: MetaFun: Typesetting in Metapost (chapter 9 of MetaFun Manual)
@ 2001-11-05 21:07   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2001-11-05 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi Hans,

> >It looks like that there is a problem in the \handletokens macro. When
> >compiling the code I get an error:
>
> what is you exact input ? maybe it was solved already

What happend yesterday I do not completely understand today. :-)  - Trying
the code as given on page 158 and 159 of the preliminar version of the
Metafun manual, worked after changing

\startMPenvironment
   \setupbodyfont[ppl,rm,ber,12pt]
\stopMPenvironment

With this environment I get nicely text  typeset in Palatino (URW).

with the change to

\startMPenvironment
   \setupbodyfont[phv,ss,ber,12pt]
\stopMPenvironment

I do not get any Helvetica but the texts is typset in CMSSBX.

All seems to be linked to the font-mechanism. I detected, that only the
statement as given above works.
The statement of \definefont[RotFont][RegularBold] leeds to the error in the
\handletokens macro.

In the example code given on pages 163 and 164, apparently the line in the
Metafun code with the statement

\setbox\MPbox=\hbox{\RotFont\the\MPtoks}%

is not accepted. Changing this line into

\setbox\MPbox=\hbox{\bfd\the\MPtoks}%

Does not result in boldface. Though there is URWPaladioL-Roma in the pdf
file there is also CMR12.
So the behaviour is puzzling me!

Further it is necessary to run texexec three times:

texexec 'filename'
texexec -mptex 'filename'-mpgraph
texexec 'filename'

Do I miss something?