* Re: First page of chapter
@ 2010-02-02 22:03 Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2010-02-02 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I am struggling with getting the first pages of my chapters laid out as
> desired. What I want on the top third of the page is a roughly 2 inch square
> graphic on the left with the chapter number and chapter title on the right
> in large print. The following chunk errors out as shown but works when
> hard-coded.  Am I headed off in the wrong direction by trying to use columns
> in this way? Previously, I tried treating the chapter number and title as
> text with startfiguretext. It works but I can't format the chapter titles to
> fit properly. Any suggestions for a ConTeXt beginner?
>

> \def\ChapterTop#1#2{
>     \startcolumns[n=2]
>         \placefigure[left]{none}{\externalfigure[chief]}
>     \column
>          \switchtobodyfont[26pt] {\ss\bf\sl #1}
>          \blank[large]\blank[large]
>           {\ss\bf #2}
>      \stopcolumns}
>
> \setuphead[chapter]
>  [command=\ChapterTop, header=high,footer=pagenumber,page=center]
>
> \input c:. %chapter used to test the code

Hi!

I think you search for something like this:

\def\ChapterTop#1#2% bottom-aligned
  {\framed[width=broad,offset=overlay]
    {\framed[width=2in,height=2in]{GRAPHIC}\hfill
     \framed[align=right]{#1\blank[2*big]#2}}}

\definetext[ChapterFoot][footer][pagenumber]

\setuphead
  [chapter]
  [command=\ChapterTop,
   header=high,
   footer=ChapterFoot,
   numberstyle=\ssbid,
   textstyle=\ssbfd]

\starttext  \showframe
\dorecurse{3}{\chapter{First Chapter}\dorecurse{5}{\input tufte}}
\stoptext

Greetings
	Andreas

* Re: First page of chapter
@ 2010-02-03  2:51 ` Tom
From: Tom @ 2010-02-03  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

That works. Now I have to figure out how to insert the picture in the place
marked GRAPHIC, get rid of all the boxes and get the page number to print on
the bottom of the first page of the chapter.

Tom Benjey
717-258-9733 voice
717-243-0074 fax
Twitter: @TomBenjey

[...]