* \setupalign[hz,hanging] breaks verbatim text
@ 2011-02-16 17:48 C.
From: C. @ 2011-02-16 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a strange problem in one of my documents.
When I uncomment the line with \setupalign[hz,hanging] everything works
fine. When I use it, I get this error because of a verbatim typing segment:

\obeyedline ->\par

\doverbatimendofline ->\dostoptagged \obeyedline
                                                 \par \ifconditional
\verbat...
l.10 \dodisplayverbatimstop

\ctxcommand ...\directlua \zerocount {commands.#1}

\dodotypeblockverbatim ..., nature = "display", }}
                                                  \dostoptagged
\endofverbat...
l.71 \stoptyping

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1

Here is the troublemaker:
\starttyping
test;
äüöAR \test \Context
\stoptyping

Interestingly I was not able to produce a real minimal example, because when
I remove everything except these lines, it’s working fine again. So there
has to be at least some lines of text to break stuff. Oh yeah, and it seems
that using simplefonts and Minion also plays a role.
Can somebody have a look at this, please? The attached file like it is does
not compile here.

[-- Attachment #2: minimal.tex --]

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[Minion Pro][boldfont=minionprobold, italicfont=minionproit, bolditalicfont=minionproboldit, expansion=quality, protrusion=quality]
\setupalign[hz,hanging]  % comment this line, and it works
\starttext
Das Akronym ARMA (AutoRegressive-Moving Average) und die daran angelehnten Kunstwörter ARMAX und ARIMA bezeichnen lineare Modelle für stationäre, zeitdiskrete stochastische Prozesse. Sie werden zur Zeitreihenanalyse in der Messtechnik, in der Statistik und dort insbesondere in der Ökonometrie eingesetzt. Kern ist ein lineares Gleichungssystem. Man kann solche Modelle auch als Differenzengleichungen bzw. Differenzengleichungssysteme ansehen.
\starttyping
test;
äüöAR \test \Context
\stoptyping
\stoptext

* Re: \setupalign[hz,hanging] breaks verbatim text
@ 2011-02-16 17:56 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-02-16 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.02.2011 um 18:48 schrieb C.:

> I have a strange problem in one of my documents.
> When I uncomment the line with \setupalign[hz,hanging] everything works
> fine. When I use it, I get this error because of a verbatim typing segment:

Can you test it with the latest beta, your example runs fine here.

BTW: Doesn’t \setmainfont[Minion Pro][expansion=quality,protrusion=quality] work you?

Wolfgang

* Re: \setupalign[hz,hanging] breaks verbatim text
@ 2011-02-16 18:40 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-02-16 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16-2-2011 6:48, C. wrote:
> I have a strange problem in one of my documents.
> When I uncomment the line with \setupalign[hz,hanging] everything works
> fine. When I use it, I get this error because of a verbatim typing segment:
>
> \obeyedline ->\par
>
> \doverbatimendofline ->\dostoptagged \obeyedline
>                                                   \par \ifconditional
> \verbat...
> l.10 \dodisplayverbatimstop
>
> \ctxcommand ...\directlua \zerocount {commands.#1}
>
> \dodotypeblockverbatim ..., nature = "display", }}
>                                                    \dostoptagged
> \endofverbat...
> l.71 \stoptyping
>
> !  ==>  Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
> mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1
>
> Here is the troublemaker:
> \starttyping
> test;
> äüöAR \test \Context
> \stoptyping
>
> Interestingly I was not able to produce a real minimal example, because when
> I remove everything except these lines, it’s working fine again. So there
> has to be at least some lines of text to break stuff. Oh yeah, and it seems
> that using simplefonts and Minion also plays a role.
> Can somebody have a look at this, please? The attached file like it is does
> not compile here.

Can you figure out what font is involved? This works ok here.

\definefontfeature[default][default][expansion=quality,protrusion=quality]

\setupbodyfont[modern,12pt]

\setupalign[hz,hanging]

\starttext

Das Akronym ARMA (AutoRegressive-Moving Average) und die daran angelehnten
Kunstwörter ARMAX und ARIMA bezeichnen lineare Modelle für stationäre,
zeitdiskrete stochastische Prozesse. Sie werden zur Zeitreihenanalyse in der
Messtechnik, in der Statistik und dort insbesondere in der Ökonometrie
eingesetzt. Kern
ist ein lineares Gleichungssystem. Man kann solche Modelle auch als
Differenzengleichungen bzw. Differenzengleichungssysteme ansehen.

\starttyping
test;
äüöAR \test \Context
\stoptyping

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-02-16 20:11   ` C.
From: C. @ 2011-02-16 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried your code. Does not work. Again, when I comment the line with
\setupalign it works.
I was using Minion via simplefonts, but it seems modern fonts are also
affected.
I'working on Windows 7 32bit and updated  Context Minimals before testing.

@Wolfgang: I included the options because ConTeXt was using the
condensed-italic font instead of the italic font. That occurs only if one
has both variants installed.

[-- Attachment #2: minimal.tex --]

\definefontfeature[default][default][expansion=quality,protrusion=quality]

\setupbodyfont[modern,12pt]

\setupalign[hz,hanging]

\starttext

Das Akronym ARMA (AutoRegressive-Moving Average) und die daran angelehnten Kunstwörter ARMAX und ARIMA bezeichnen lineare Modelle für stationäre, zeitdiskrete stochastische Prozesse. Sie werden zur Zeitreihenanalyse in der Messtechnik, in der Statistik und dort insbesondere in der Ökonometrie eingesetzt. Kern ist ein lineares Gleichungssystem. Man kann solche Modelle auch als Differenzengleichungen bzw. Differenzengleichungssysteme ansehen.

\starttyping
test;
äüöAR \test \Context
\stoptyping

\stoptext

[-- Attachment #3: minimal.log --]

(minimal.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2011.02.16 19:30 MKIV  fmt: 2011.2.16  int: english/english

system          > cont-new.mkiv loaded
(C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.mkiv
system          > beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.mkiv
)
system          > minimal.top loaded
system          > options > begin of optionfile
system          > options >
system          > options > % runtime options files (command line driven)
system          > options > \unprotect
system          > options > % feedback and basic job control
system          > options > % handy for special styles
system          > options > \startluacode
system          > options > document = document or { }
system          > options > document.arguments={
system          > options > }
system          > options > document.files={
system          > options >  "minimal.tex",
system          > options > }
system          > options > \stopluacode
system          > options > % process info
system          > options > \setupsystem[inputfile=minimal.tex]
system          > options > \setupsystem[\c!n=1,\c!m=1]
system          > options > % modes
system          > options > % options (not that important)
system          > options > \startsetups *runtime:options
system          > options > \stopsetups
system          > options > % styles and modules
system          > options > \startsetups *runtime:modules
system          > options > \stopsetups
system          > options > % done
system          > options > \protect \endinput
system          > options >
system          > options > end of optionfile
(minimal.top)
fonts           > latin modern fonts are not preloaded
languages       > language en is active
(C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-siz.mkiv) (C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-otf.mkiv){C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-math.map}{C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-rm.map}{C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/fonts/map/pdftex/context/mkiv-base.map}
system          > begin file minimal.tex at line 7
! Emergency stop.

system          > tex > error on line 10 in file minimal.tex: Emergency stop ...

 1     \definefontfeature[default][default][expansion=quality,protrusion=quality]
 2
 3     \setupbodyfont[modern,12pt]
 4
 5     \setupalign[hz,hanging]
 6
 7     \starttext
 8
 9     Das Akronym ARMA (AutoRegressive-Moving Average) und die daran angelehnten Kunstwörter ARMAX und ARIMA bezeichnen lineare Modelle für stationäre, zeitdiskrete stochastische Prozesse. Sie werden zur Zeitreihenanalyse in der Messtechnik, in der Statistik und dort insbesondere in der Ökonometrie eingesetzt. Kern ist ein lineares Gleichungssystem. Man kann solche Modelle auch als Differenzengleichungen bzw. Differenzengleichungssysteme ansehen.
10 >>
11     \starttyping
12     test;
13     äüöAR \test \Context
14     \stoptyping
15
16     \stoptext
17

\obeyedline ->\par

\doverbatimendofline ->\dostoptagged \obeyedline
                                                 \par \ifconditional \verbat...
l.10 \dodisplayverbatimstop

\ctxcommand ...\directlua \zerocount {commands.#1}

\dodotypeblockverbatim ..., nature = "display", }}
                                                  \dostoptagged \endofverbat...
l.14 \stoptyping

access violation

@ 2011-02-16 23:00     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-02-16 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16-2-2011 9:11, C. wrote:
> I tried your code. Does not work. Again, when I comment the line with
> \setupalign it works.
> I was using Minion via simplefonts, but it seems modern fonts are also
> affected.
> I'working on Windows 7 32bit and updated  Context Minimals before testing.
>
> @Wolfgang: I included the options because ConTeXt was using the
> condensed-italic font instead of the italic font. That occurs only if one
> has both variants installed.

what version do you run

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-02-17 13:16       ` C.
From: C. @ 2011-02-17 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

C:\ConTeXt\tex>context --version
mtx-context     | main context file:
C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
mtx-context     | current version: 2011.02.16 19:30

@ 2011-02-17 16:25         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-02-17 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17-2-2011 2:16, C. wrote:
> C:\ConTeXt\tex>context --version
> mtx-context     | main context file:
> C:/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
> mtx-context     | current version: 2011.02.16 19:30

that's new enough so you need to come up with an example that does fails
at wolgangs end as well as mine

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE