* minor remarks on core-tab.tex
@ 2000-12-16 23:22 Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2000-12-16 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

yesterday I was in need for a sophisticated table and since the manual only
has tabulation and the natural tables seemed to complicated, I studied the
source for table (core-tab.tex and thrd-tab.tex).  There I found something
that might be remarkable ;-)

Near the beginning is a line:
    \doifundefined{BeginTable}{\doinputonce{table.tex}}
This only works, because thrd-tab.tex (a renamed version of table.tex) is
loaded before ...
So this has to be changed to "\doinputonce(thrd-tab.tex}"

Where can I find some docu about table.tex???  I wanted to make a table
with two columns.  The first one as wide as the widest entry, and the
second one a paragraph that fills the rest of the line.  I couldn't figure
out how to do (neither with tabulate, nor tables and natural tables) ...

There are two lines with something like:
    \doifnumberelse{#1x}             % x ???????????????

I am no TeX expert -- so I am very proud that I can say: It's possible that
I know what this means (Tusch!) ;-))))

\doifnumberelse test it's argument and if there are numbers in the first
positions it's true otherwise false.
    \doifnumberelse{1234x} -> true
    \doifnumberelse{ab12x} -> false
and if #1 is an empty argument:
    \doifnumberelse{x}     -> false

The 'x' is there to prevent the expression inside {} expanding to nothing.

Hey that are no bugs and nothing great, but ...

Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/