From: "Frans Goddijn" <frans@iaf.nl>
Subject: installing
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 20:09:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I've got a problem installing ConTeXt on a new machine.

If I do

texexec --make

I get the message:

format cont-nl not found in fmtutil.cnf

and the same for the other languages.

On my home machine, ConTeXt is working fine but on this newer machine that I often work on, I had no TeX at all so it was about time
I installed it. On such a virgin machine it is a rough ride for me to remember where I got all that stuff from way back when I
installed it first... Here's what i did:

I got ActivePerl (and first the windows installer and the extra MS DCOM drivers) and after I installed that at least PERL was found.

Then I downloaded the FPtex package using the WGET utility (on the FPtex homepage a pointer was leading towards a site that was off
line so I got WGET.EXE elsewhere after searching AltaVista for it)

Then I got the ConteXt zipfiles, unpacking them in the TeX tree.

I copied runperl.exe and texexec.ini and texexec.pl and texutil.pl to the \bin\win32 directory

And I can't figure ut what I missed...

Any suggestions?

Groet!

Frans