From: "Frans Goddijn" <frans@iaf.nl>
Cc: <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Oldstyle footnotemarks
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 23:35:38 +0200	[thread overview]

Hans advised to add the following lines to my tex file in order to get automatic oldstyle numbers in footnotemarks in the text and
at the footnotes on the bottom of the page:

\definefontsynonym [OldStyle] [tnrexp]
\defineconversion[o][\oldstylenumerals]
\def\oldstylenumerals#1{{\os\number#1}}

I did and tested:

\starttekst
test\voetnoot{I wonder if the footnotemarks are oldstyle now}
test\voetnoot{I wonder if the footnotemarks are oldstyle now}
test\voetnoot{I wonder if the footnotemarks are oldstyle now}
test\voetnoot{I wonder if the footnotemarks are oldstyle now}
\stoptekst

But the footnotes aren't in oldstyle and [tnrexp] is not used:

 63i,19n,87p,165b,1132s stack positions out of 300i,100n,500p,50000b,4000s
<texnansi.enc><tnr.pfb>
Output written on 0TEST.pdf (1 page, 25489 bytes).

Any ideas? In my FONT-FG.TEX in the texmf\tex\context\user directory I changed the definitions of \os into \fgos and \osi into
\fgosi so I suppose they don't disturb anymore...

Groet!

Frans

frans@goddijn.com   www.goddijn.com
tel NL 0621-815 881   fax: 026-3211759