From: "Frans Goddijn" <frans@goddijn.com>
Subject: Re: Strange StartPage in Metapost
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 14:00:02 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Patrick,

I ran your file on my pc and first of all the \%output=pdf line didn't seem
to work unless I changed it into
\setupoutput[pdftex]

Then, why is there ny \ before "showframe" in your file?

I can't "read" the MPost commands so I can't figure out what you expected to
see but I only get a thick vertical line on page 1 which is not there on
page 2. Uncommenting the
> %\setupbackgrounds[page][background=DemoFrame]
does nothing.

One question: I often see reference to "\input tufte" in mails and in some
context files, but I don't have a file by that name on my pc. Is it
something I should have of fill myself with random test lines?

Groet!  Frans