Adam T. Lindsay wrote on Mon, 24 Feb 2003: AL> Prompted by this weekend's discussion of input regimes, I took a AL> look at the one for the Mac's Western encoding (initiated by Michel AL> Bovani), and hopefully revised it to be nearly complete for AL> characters (missing four in the range 128-255). Mac users might like AL> to take a look at this file, and verify that it does what I suggest. Some symbols still can be added to this input regime definition: character 187 (ordfeminine) can be defined as \ordfeminine character 188 (ordmasculine) can be defined as \ordmasculine character 202 (no-break space) can be defined as \nonbreakablespace And some definitions can be changed: character 163 can be defined as \textsterling instead of \sterling character 192 can be defined as \questiondown instead of ?` (ligature ?` doesn't always work). character 193 can be defined as \exclamdown instead of !` (ligature !` doesn't always work). character 214 can be defined as \textdiv instead of \mathematics\div character 182 can be defined as \mathematics\partial instead of \mathematics\delta (this character is described as: 0xB6 partialdiff 0x2202 PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL in the Apple Computer's definition of Mac OS Roman character set, see the file ROMAN.TXT in the Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/APPLE directory of ftp.unicode.org . Symbol 'delta' can be found in Mac Symbol and Mac Greek encodings). I corrected Adam T. Lindsay's regi-mac.tex file (see the attachment). Also I changed input characters to their codes -- it seems to be more reliable. Victor Figurnov