* Re: Run ConTeXt from TexLive 7 CDROM and
       [not found] <20030512100008.1189.43924.Mailman@ref.ntg.nl>
@ 2003-05-13  4:59 ` fa441907
From: fa441907 @ 2003-05-13  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wrote
>>To run Context, I made a WinShell User Defined Tool, as
>>follows. In Options => General => Userdefined I did
>>
>>  ... exefile  = pdfetex
>>  ... cmd line = &cont-en

Hans Hagen replied
>maybe you need to change the pdfetex in texexec here, or better
>
>   exefile = texexec
>   cmfline = --pdf --int=en
>
>given that you want to force the english interface,

When I run the above (Win98, TeXLive 7)
the WinShell reporting window says "TeXExec 2.8 ConTeX ...
and WinShell then hangs, only closes on ctl alt del

If I add "%s.tex" so the tool cmd-Line reads
 ... exe-File=texexec
 ... cmd-Line= --pdf --int=en %s.tex
I get "There is no Main-TeX-Document! Please check the options!"

I tried  to learn from WinShell's own tool (F5)
Which runs LaTeX out of the box.
But a clone of that tool
 ... exe-File=latex
 ... cmd-Line=%s.tex
Also gives "There is no Main-TeX-Document! Please check the options!"

Conclusion - Looks like I dont understand WinShell either
(I've cross posted the above to the WinShell bulletin board)

Richard Hardwick

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-13  4:59 UTC | newest]