* Tabulate: no hooks?
@ 2001-02-01  9:36 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-02-01  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm using the lates (I hope) version of ConTeXt (the beta version is more recent
than the stable, isn't it?). I tried the snippet from the Up-to-Date on Natural
Tables:

\def\SomeBar#1{\blackrule[#1em]}
\starttabulate[|l|lh\SomeBar|]
\HL
\NC \bf item \NC \bf quantity \NC \NR
\HL
\NC figures \HC {5} \NC \NR
\NC tables \HC {8} \NC \NR
\NC formulas \HC {12} \NC \NR
\HL
\stoptabulate

but the numbers are displayed rather than the bars ... any suggestions?

Thanks.

Giuseppe Bilotta

Using Microsoft products is like
having sex without condoms---but
much less pleasurable

* Re: Tabulate: no hooks?
@ 2001-02-02  9:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-02-02  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 10:36 AM 2/1/01 +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm using the lates (I hope) version of ConTeXt (the beta version is more
recent
>than the stable, isn't it?). I tried the snippet from the Up-to-Date on
Natural
>Tables:
>
>\def\SomeBar#1{\blackrule[#1em]}
>\starttabulate[|l|lh\SomeBar|]
>\HL
>\NC \bf item \NC \bf quantity \NC \NR
>\HL
>\NC figures \HC {5} \NC \NR
>\NC tables \HC {8} \NC \NR
>\NC formulas \HC {12} \NC \NR
>\HL
>\stoptabulate
>
>but the numbers are displayed rather than the bars ... any suggestions?

I guess that it was lost when implementing some alignment extension:

\def\checktabulatehook%
  {\ifnum\tabulatetype<2
     \global\let\tabulatehook\notabulatehook
   \else
     \global\let\tabulatehook\dotabulatehook
   \fi}

concerning this extension:

\long\def\SomeBar#1 {\blackrule[width=#1em,height=1ex]}

\starttabulate[|l|lh\SomeBar|cg{@}|c.|c,|]
\HL
\NC \bf item \NC \bf quantity \NC @     \NC .     \NC ,        \NC \NR
\HL
\NC figures  \HC  5           \NG 12@34 \NG 12.34 \NG 12,34.56 \NC \NR
\NC tables   \HC  8           \NG 2@34  \NG 2.34  \NG 2,34.56  \NC \NR
\NC formulas \HC  12          \NG 12@3  \NG 12.3  \NG 12,34.5  \NC \NR
\HL
\stoptabulate

                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Tabulate: no hooks?
@ 2001-02-02 21:48   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-02-02 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

> >but the numbers are displayed rather than the bars ... any suggestions?
>
> I guess that it was lost when implementing some alignment extension:
>
> \def\checktabulatehook%
>   {\ifnum\tabulatetype<2
>      \global\let\tabulatehook\notabulatehook
>    \else
>      \global\let\tabulatehook\dotabulatehook
>    \fi}

will patch, regenerate and check, thanks.

@ 2001-02-02 23:12     ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-02-02 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > I guess that it was lost when implementing some alignment extension:
> >
> > \def\checktabulatehook%
> >   {\ifnum\tabulatetype<2
> >      \global\let\tabulatehook\notabulatehook
> >    \else
> >      \global\let\tabulatehook\dotabulatehook
> >    \fi}
> >

> will patch, regenerate and check, thanks.

Ok! Perfect!