* How to change linewidth of a frame?
@ 2003-03-05 15:22 Maurice Diamantini
From: Maurice Diamantini @ 2003-03-05 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Maurice Diamantini

Rebonjour!

I'm trying to modyfy the title of my slides.
So I tried this command (that I just pick on the ntg-context list,
thank you   :-)

    \setuphead[Topic]
              [textcommand=\doTitle]
    \def\doTitle#1{%
        \bgroup
        \setupframed [offset=0.3ex,linewidth=2pt,framecolor=red]
        \framed{\blue \ss #1}%
        \egroup%
    }

But the linewidth as no effect (it is not in the documented
\setuphead options, but a just try it.
Also, is it possible to set the linestyle to "daashed" or something
like that?

--
Maurice.Diamantini@ensta.fr      -       ENSTA/LMA
École Nationale Supérieure  de  Techniques Avancées

* Re: How to change linewidth of a frame?
@ 2003-03-06  9:05 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-06  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 04:22 PM 3/5/2003 +0100, Maurice Diamantini wrote:
>Rebonjour!
>
>I'm trying to modyfy the title of my slides.
>So I tried this command (that I just pick on the ntg-context list,
>thank you   :-)
>
>     \setuphead[Topic]
>               [textcommand=\doTitle]
>     \def\doTitle#1{%
>         \bgroup
>         \setupframed [offset=0.3ex,linewidth=2pt,framecolor=red]
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^
use that one with care since framed is used all over the place in context,
better pass these settings to \framed directly or create a framed
(\defineframed)

>         \framed{\blue \ss #1}%
>         \egroup%
>     }
>
>But the linewidth as no effect (it is not in the documented
>\setuphead options, but a just try it.

rulethickness=2pt

>Also, is it possible to set the linestyle to "daashed" or something
>like that?

\startuniqueMPgraphic{dashed}
   draw OverlayBox dashed evenly ;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic

\defineoverlay[dashed][\uniqueMPgraphic{dashed}]

\framed[background=dashed]{I didn't test this}

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: How to change linewidth of a frame?
@ 2003-03-11 21:38   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-03-11 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >     \setuphead[Topic]
> >               [textcommand=\doTitle]
> >     \def\doTitle#1{%
> >         \bgroup
> >         \setupframed [offset=0.3ex,linewidth=2pt,framecolor=red]
>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> use that one with care since framed is used all over the place in context,
> better pass these settings to \framed directly or create a framed
> (\defineframed)
>
> >         \framed{\blue \ss #1}%
> >         \egroup%
> >     }
> >
> >But the linewidth as no effect (it is not in the documented
> >\setuphead options, but a just try it.
>
> rulethickness=2pt
>
> >Also, is it possible to set the linestyle to "daashed" or something
> >like that?
>
> \startuniqueMPgraphic{dashed}
>    draw OverlayBox dashed evenly ;
> \stopuniqueMPgraphic
>
> \defineoverlay[dashed][\uniqueMPgraphic{dashed}]
>
> \framed[background=dashed]{I didn't test this}

I would not have expected differently than that this works!

If you use this mechanism, the frame will have to be set to off. If you
still want to change the  thickness of the dashed box you will do this in
the Metapost code. Then it will be time to consult the Metafun manual  ;-)

 \startuniqueMPgraphic{dashed}
      pickup pencircle scaled 2pt
     draw OverlayBox dashed evenly ;
 \stopuniqueMPgraphic

Willi

* RE: How to change linewidth of a frame?
@ 2003-03-06 14:03 Maurice Diamantini
From: Maurice Diamantini @ 2003-03-06 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Maurice Diamantini

At 04:22 PM 3/5/2003 +0100, Maurice Diamantini wrote:
> >Rebonjour!
> >
> >I'm trying to modyfy the title of my slides.
> >         \setupframed [offset=0.3ex,linewidth=2pt,framecolor=red]
>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> use that one with care since framed is used all over the place in context,
> better pass these settings to \framed directly or create a framed
> (\defineframed)

I suppose You mea, \defineframedtext (I didn't found \defineframed).
I've set directly the \framed setting as you said.

> rulethickness=2pt

It does work, thank you,

> >Also, is it possible to set the linestyle to "dashed" or something
> >like that?
>
> \startuniqueMPgraphic{dashed}
>    draw OverlayBox dashed evenly ;
> \stopuniqueMPgraphic
>
> \defineoverlay[dashed][\uniqueMPgraphic{dashed}]
>
> \framed[background=dashed]{I didn't test this}

It does work the first time, but then it keeps the previous dimensions.
But now I have to read more about the "overlays" and cie.

Thank you!

Maurice