* some questions about logo and margin background.
@ 2003-06-19 11:11 lihb
From: lihb @ 2003-06-19 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
  I have two question, I 'm not sure this is the right place to ask,
apologize for that.

   1st question: I wish to put a small logo at the footer at everypage
so I try to write a tex as below:

\usemodule[pre-general]

\setuppapersize
  [S6][S6]

\setuplayout
  [width=fit,
   height=fit,
   header=32pt,
   footer=32pt]

\setupfootertexts[\bf\ss{test}][\bf\ss{\date}]

\def\RedHatLogo%
  {\externalfigure[shadowman-32.png][type=png]}

\definelogo
  [small logo] [footer] [middle]
  [command=\RedHatLogo,state=start]

\starttext
\chapter{test}

\placelogos[small logo]

\stoptext

and I found that the shadowman logo did not show up..
How do I make a .png file show up at corner or bottom of every pages?

   2nd question: change the background of margin
I have a rightmargin with

\startuniqueMPgraphic{test}
  picture p ; p := btex TEST etex rotated 90 ;
  setbounds p to boundingbox p enlarged 1pt ;
  draw p withcolor 0.8white ;
  currentpicture := currentpicture
      xysized (\overlaywidth,\overlayheight) ;
\stopuniqueMPgraphic
\defineoverlay[test][\uniqueMPgraphic{test}]

\setupbackgrounds
  [text]
  [rightmargin]
  [background=test]

which is a word "TEST" with grey color and white background,
how to change the background color?
I had try 'fill p withcolor darkcyan ;'
but the background of margin is still white.

Thanks.

lihb
lihb@phys.sinica.edu.tw

* Re: some questions about logo and margin background.
@ 2003-06-19 12:24 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-06-19 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: "lihb" <lihb@phys.sinica.edu.tw

 Hi,
  \setupoutput[pdftex]
> \usemodule[pre-general]
>
> \setuppapersize
>   [S6][S6]
>
> \setuplayout
>   [width=fit,
>    height=fit,
>    header=32pt,
>    footer=32pt,
      backspace=3cm]

> \setupfootertexts[\bf\ss{test}][\bf\ss{\date}]
>
> \def\RedHatLogo%
    {\externalfigure[shadowman-32.png][height=32pt,type=png]}

> \definelogo
>   [small logo] [footer] [middle]
     [state=start,command={\RedHatLogo}]

The option middle does not work. I tested all the [footer] locations, but
middle does not show even if the \setupfootertext is commented

> \starttext
> \chapter{test}

%\placelogos[small logo]

You do not need to put \placelogos[]. Any logo defined with state=start will
be printed on each page.

> \stoptext

As far as I know Pdftex does not support png-files with colors. So please
test your presentation with a black and white figure.

It might help to get the layout of your page correct to place the command
\showframe after \starttext

>    2nd question: change the background of margin
> I have a rightmargin with
>
> \startuniqueMPgraphic{test}
>   picture p ; p := btex TEST etex rotated 90 ;
>   setbounds p to boundingbox p enlarged 1pt ;
>   draw p withcolor 0.8white ;
>   currentpicture := currentpicture
>       xysized (\overlaywidth,\overlayheight) ;
> \stopuniqueMPgraphic
> \defineoverlay[test][\uniqueMPgraphic{test}]
>
> \setupbackgrounds
>   [text]
>   [rightmargin]
>   [background=test]
>
> which is a word "TEST" with grey color and white background,
> how to change the background color?
> I had try 'fill p withcolor darkcyan ;'
> but the background of margin is still white.

I am no wizzard with Metapost. However you might try to save the boundingbox
information into a new path and fill this path with a color. Colors have to
be defined in the preamble. So you will have to tell Metapost what you mean
with 'darkcyan'.

Willi

[-- Attachment #2: logo.tex --]

\setupoutput[pdftex]

\usemodule[pre-general]

\setuppapersize
  [S6][S6]

\setuplayout
  [width=fit,
   height=fit,
   header=32pt,
   footer=32pt,
   backspace=3cm]

\setupfootertexts[\bf\ss{test}][\bf\ss{\date}]

\def\RedHatLogo%
  {\externalfigure[boedelogo.png][height=30pt]}%[type=png]

\definelogo
  [small logo-lm] [footer] [leftmargin]
  [state=start,command={\RedHatLogo}]

\definelogo
  [small logo-l] [footer] [left]
  [state=start,command={\RedHatLogo}]

\definelogo
  [small logo-mi] [footer] [middle]
  [state=start,command={\RedHatLogo}]

\definelogo
  [small logo-r] [footer] [right]
  [state=start,command={\RedHatLogo}]

\definelogo
  [small logo-rm] [footer] [rightmargin]
  [state=start,command={\RedHatLogo}]

\starttext
\showframe
\chapter{test}

%\placelogos[small logo]

\stoptext

* Re: some questions about logo and margin background.
@ 2003-06-19 12:51   ` wmcclain
From: wmcclain @ 2003-06-19 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:24:56 +0200
"Willi Egger" <w.egger@boede.nl> wrote:

> As far as I know Pdftex does not support png-files with colors.

No, that works. I use it for book covers.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                      Tales of War
http://sattre-press.com/                       by Lord Dunsany

* Re: some questions about logo and margin background.
@ 2003-06-19 12:57     ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-06-19 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > As far as I know Pdftex does not support png-files with colors.
>
> No, that works. I use it for book covers.

Hm, the better!!

Willi