* another question about itemize
@ 2004-03-04 20:50 R. Ermers
From: R. Ermers @ 2004-03-04 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Contex'ers,

As we are considering itemize, does anyone by any chance know how to tackle this problem?

Kind regards,

Robert Ermers

As you know, the itemize blok can be stopped and resumed by means of [continue]:

\startitemize[n]
\item abc
\item def
\stopitemize

bla bla

\startitemize[continue]
\item ghijk
\item klmnop
\stopitemize

I wonder if it is possible to have an itemize block resumed, and have the numbers continue, if another set of items precedes the continuation. Like this:

\starttext

\section{Personalia}

\startitemize[n,packed,joinedup]
\item name
\item surname
\item place of birth
\stopitemize

\section{Fruits}

\startitemize[A]
\item appel / apple
\item peer / pear
\item mango
\item kersen / cherries
\stopitemize

\section{Personalia cont.}

\startitemize[n,packed,joinedup]
\item Sofi-nummer / social sec. number
\item Huwelijksdatum  /date of marriage
\item Meisjesnaam moeder / maiden name mother
\stopitemize

\stoptext

* yet another question about itemize
@ 2004-03-04 22:46 ` Gary Pajer
From: Gary Pajer @ 2004-03-04 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'll take this chance to point out a long-standing problem/misunderstanding
that's causing me some grief:

It seems to me that the 'before' and 'after' keywords used in the third
argument of \setupitemize are operative only if 'columns' are also
specified.  In the example below, the hairlines disappear if the 'columns'
keyword is eliminated.  [columns, one] almost does it, but the indentation
is
not as expected.

Feature, bug, or misunderstanding?

BTW:   can the lengths of the two hairlines in this example be made to be
the same length?  What's causing the indentation of the first hairline?

Regards,
Gary

\setupitemize[2][a,packed,columns][before={\hairline},after={\hairline}]
\setupitemize[1][n]

\starttext
\startitemize
%