From: "Lei Wang" <wanglei@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Chinese - font utilities
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:32:08 -0600	[thread overview]

> >  there are a simple setup for chinese in context here:
> >  http://bbs.ctex.org/cgi-bin/topic.cgi?forum=8&topic=28&show=90
> >  also a chinese page.
>
> Again very useful, thank you very much. I now have reached the following
> stage:
> When I texexec a very small sample ConTeXt seems to be looking for a
> different naming scheme for the files. I have generated a set of files
> called
>
>   gbsong01.tfm
>   gbsong02.tfm
>   gbsong94.tfm
>   gbsongsl01.tfm
>   gbsongsl94.tfm
>
> but ConTeXt seems to rely on them being called
>
>   gbsong81.tfm
>   gbsongfe.tfm
>
> and suchlike. I get lots of errors saying that the tfm files can't be found,
> and then it starts trying to generate fonts using metafont, which is never
> going to work...
> Do I have to rename these files, or is there somewhere that I can edit to
> change this dependency, or is my guess wrong and I actually have a different
> problem?

You should not rename those files. The subfonts you generated is called
CJK compact and each subfont have 256 glyphs.

I think you may miss something when you reading the web page about
setups in context. now you can do following steps:
first, edit tex/context/base/font-uni.tex,
comment out the following line:
\defineucharmapping{GBK}#1#2%
 {\unicodeposition=#1
  \advance\unicodeposition -129
  \multiply\unicodeposition 190
  \advance\unicodeposition #2
  \advance\unicodeposition-\ifnum#2>127 65\else64\fi
  \dorepositionunicode}

Or you can add these code to your cont-usr.tex.

Then when you write tex files, add
\def\currentucharmapping{GBK}
before you using chinese. Or conveniently, put this command to your
cont-usr.tex too.

Wang