From: "Willi Egger" <w.egger@boede.nl>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Strange error...
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 21:33:38 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Hans,

> > > You can search for page: in spec-fdf.tex, there should be something:
> > >
> > > \def\fakePDFpagedestination
> > >    {\iflocation \ifovercomePDFpage \ifarrangingpages \else
> > >       \bgroup
> > >       \advance\realpageno \minusone
> > >       \expanded{\doPDFdestination name {page:\realfolio}}%
> > >       \egroup
> > >     \fi \fi \fi}
> > >
> > > \appendtoksonce
> > >    \fakePDFpagedestination
> > > \to \everyshipout
> > >
> > > This was added because there was some not upward compatibility
handling of
> > > page refs in acrobat 5 (simple pag enumber destinations worked ok <5,
now
> > > it should be object numbers, for which we need some low level support
in
> > > pdftex).
> >
> >i believe that the handling of those problems is necessary, but
> >currently your code creates to destinations with the same label.
> >Therefore pdftex gives this warning message. Thus, the reason for this
> >warning/error is IMO a bug and should be fixed.
>
> Sure, but i wonder why it is generated more than once, since it happens at
> shipout time, are you sure the previous code is in your file?
>
> [if the problem is persistent, in need a minimal example showing it]

I looked for the code mentioned. In my version, which is pdfeTeX, Version
3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211-2.1 (Web2c 7.3.7x) (format=cont-en
2002.10.20) and ConTeXt  ver: 2002.10.2  fmt: 2002.10.20  int: english  mes:
english
I could not find the given code.
I copied the code into the mentioned file.

Recompilation did not reveal any change. The error is still there.

Then I started to comment \startfrontmatter and \startbodymatter and the
respective \stop commands. The error did not occur then.(!)

I startet to make minimal test file, using \startfrontmatter and
\startbodymatter and the respective \stop commands. Though copying more and
more elements from the original file the error did not occur.
Finally I had made up a complete copy of the original file as test. For the
last run I renamed this test file to the original file and there was no
problem. - So I am a bit puzzled how this is possible??

During fiddling around with \startfrontmatter and \startbodymatter and the
respective \stop commands I saw, that while using these commands there is
always an extra, empty page at the end, though I used a singlesided lay-out.
The empty page can not only be an even page but also an odd page. Is this an
intended behaviour?

Willi