* fonts and footnotes
@ 2003-09-11 13:25 Pawel Jackowski na Onet
From: Pawel Jackowski na Onet @ 2003-09-11 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I have a problem with font of footnote-numbers. I will try to describe some
details because they can be important.

I've defined some sans-serif font with my own styles and sizes:

\definefontsynonym[tfMyFont][file_name1]
\definefontsynonym[bfMyFont][file_name2]
% I don't need neither italics- nor math-style
\definebodyfont[13pt,12pt,...,9pt][ss]
 [tfs=tfMyFont sa 0.75, % let's test alternative for tfxx
  tf=tfMyFont sa 1,
  bfs=bfMyFont sa 0.75,
  bf=bfMyFont sa 1,
  ....]
\setupbodyfont[13pt,ss]

Then I set styles for heads (chapters, sections etc.). The same for headers
and footers. These setups work OK.
I have a problem with footnotes though. I tried \setupfootnotes[style=\tfs];
it doesn't work (why?) -- footnotes
are set with some ConTeXt-default ss font -- cmss10 -- which is not my
beautiful sansserif:-). I also tried setup \setupfootnotes[bodyfont=10pt];
it works good since ten-point font is defined in \definebodyfont.. BUT
numbers of footnotes still 'use' default sansserif font. So I tried
something like; \setupfootnotes[...,numbercommand=\MyCommand], where
\MyCommand set appropriate fontstyle and raise the number as a ^superscript
(quite sophisticated way...). Anyway I have still no idea how to setup
correct font and style for footnote-numbers.

1. How to setup font-style and -size for footnotes text without giving
dimension directly? I mean why I have to set \setupfootnotes[bodyfont=10pt]
and I can't set \setupfootnotes[style=\tfxx]?
2. How to setup font-style and -size for BOTH  footnote reference (in text)
and footnote number (in the bottom of the text area)?

Pawe/l

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-09-11 13:25 UTC | newest]