* fonts and footnotes (again)
@ 2003-09-14 19:35 Pawel Jackowski na Onet
From: Pawel Jackowski na Onet @ 2003-09-14 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

 Hi ntg!

Some days ago I asked a question which looks to have an obvious answer...
Unfortunately the answer isn't obvious for ConTeXt chick:-)

 I have a problem with font of footnote-numbers. I will try to describe some
 details because they may be important.

 I've defined some sans-serif font with my own styles and sizes:

 \definefontsynonym[tfMyFont][file_name1]
 \definefontsynonym[bfMyFont][file_name2]
 % I don't need neither italics nor math
 \definebodyfont[13pt,12pt,...,9pt][ss]
  [tfs=tfMyFont sa 0.75, % let's test alternative for tfxx
   tf=tfMyFont sa 1,
   bfs=bfMyFont sa 0.75,
   bf=bfMyFont sa 1,
   ....]
 \setupbodyfont[13pt,ss]

 Then I set styles for heads (chapters, sections etc.). The same for headers
 and footers. These setups work OK.
 I have a problem with footnotes though. I tried \setupfootnotes[style=\tfs]
but
 it doesn't work (why?). With such settings default ss font -- cmss10 or
plss10 (which is not my
 sweet sansserif) is used for footnote texts and numbers. I also tried
\setupfootnotes[bodyfont=10pt];
 it works good since ten-point font is defined in \definebodyfont. BUT
 numbers of footnotes still 'use' DEFAULT sansserif font. So I tried
 something like \setupfootnotes[...,numbercommand=\MyCommand], where
 \MyCommand set appropriate fontstyle (\tfs) and raise the number as a
^superscript
 (quite sophisticated way, isn't it?). This works for numbers of footnotes
(below main text)
Anyway I have still no idea how to setup correct font and style for footnote
numbers appearing in text
as a reference for footnote.

 1. How to setup font-style and -size for footnotes text and/or footnotes
numbers without giving
the dimension directly? I mean why I have to setup
\setupfootnotes[bodyfont=10pt]
 and I can't set \setupfootnotes[style=\tfxx]? What is do wrong in it?
 2. How to setup font-style and -size for BOTH  footnote reference (in text)
 and footnote numbers?

Regards,  Pawe/l

* Re: fonts and footnotes (again)
@ 2003-09-14 20:41 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-09-14 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 21:35 14/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:

>  I have a problem with footnotes though. I tried \setupfootnotes[style=\tf

\setupfootnotes[bodyfont=small] % or bodyfont={\switchtobodyfont[8pt]}

the reason for using bodyfont is that in influences the interline space and
such which is needed since footnotes are a species of their own (spacing,
columns, etc)

of course one can also define a typeface and switch to a typeface (which
can have its own bodyfont environment with spacing etc etc)

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: fonts and footnotes (again)
@ 2003-09-15 11:05   ` Pawel Jackowski na Onet
From: Pawel Jackowski na Onet @ 2003-09-15 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

> At 21:35 14/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >  I have a problem with footnotes though. I tried
\setupfootnotes[style=\tf

> \setupfootnotes[bodyfont=small] % or bodyfont={\switchtobodyfont[8pt]}
>
> the reason for using bodyfont is that in influences the interline space
and
> such which is needed since footnotes are a species of their own (spacing,
> columns, etc)
>
> of course one can also define a typeface and switch to a typeface (which
> can have its own bodyfont environment with spacing etc etc)

I've got it! God bless ConTeXt :-)
Thanks a lot for all hints.

Regards, Pawe/l