Hi all, Finally (Yes Hans!) my bookbinding book is complete as far as the text is concernd. Now I pepared a screen version of this document. It contains also an index of several pages. While througout the document the buttons, which are placed in the \bottomtext environment are typeset correctly, they aren't in the index. On the full screens the bottomtext seems to be split into two columns, which makes it necessary to hyphenate the button-texts. The last screen of the index is a couple of lines only, on this page the buttons are placed correctly. How can I prevent this? As an attachment I provide you the relevant part of my layout-environment. With the parameters chosen the screen width is not completely used. Which of the variables have to be changed to force the document to use the maximum width and height of the screen? Greetings Willi