* [NTG-context] Problem with PNG images in the latest standalone version
@ 2024-05-23 22:39 Hajtmar Jaroslav
From: Hajtmar Jaroslav @ 2024-05-23 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello.
After a long time of using ConText from TeXlive installation I tried the standalone version again.
I found that my old documents that I normally compile exclusively with the old ConText ver: 2018.04.04 00:51 MKIV beta fmt: 2019.5.2
latest version of standalone ConText compiles smoothly, seamlessly and most importantly very quickly and the results are the same at a glance.
Unfortunately, the only problem I have not been able to solve is that the new standalone ConTeXt (ConTeXt ver: 2024.05.17 16:32 LMTX fmt: 2024.5.23)
does not display PNG files in my PDF document for me. If I replace the PNG files with JPG files, the images are loaded and displayed in PDF file after compilation.
I have also tried experimenting with the png method, see e.g. \setupexternalfigures[directory={../texlibrary/}, method=png], I have tried a few things, but it fails to work.
I tried to search for something, but I couldn't find anything relevant.
Can anyone advise me what the problem is or what I'm doing wrong? Is it caused by some version incompatibility or some setting?
I apologize if something similar has already been addressed here, but I have not been able to follow the happenings in this mailing list for quite some time.

Thanks a lot for any advice.
Jaroslav

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl