* MetaPost error
@ 2003-09-04 11:32 ^Nitram^
From: ^Nitram^ @ 2003-09-04 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

 Hello

 I'm very newbie in ConTeXt and I can't generate any document with
 MetaPost... For example: \startFLOWchart etc.

 I generate: makemem metafun
 I did texexec --make --alone metafun

 and I still have error:

 initexmf: don't know to dump metafun
 I can't find default mem file!

 Where I can set it or something else do to fix this ?...

 Best regards
 martin

* Re: MetaPost error
@ 2003-09-05  5:24 ^Nitram^
From: ^Nitram^ @ 2003-09-05  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

>Some more information would be useful:
>do ConTeXt files (without metapost stuff) work correctly?

 Yes - thank You for Your time - now everything looks good.
 I fixed it by following:
 -install miktex (large version but I will experimental with
  small version)
 -unzip new version of ConTeXt
 -remove cont-en.efmt file if exists
 -generate format en
 -generate specific language format
 -update and refresh MikTeX database
 -generate metafun format
 -copy mem file from fmt folder (where is stored after generate) to
  /mem/ folder(s)
 -update and refresh MikTeX database

 And everything looks good ;)

 I had some problems with generate metafun format - there
 I couldn't find mem file on hard disk. Maybe first time I
 forgot  '-update and refresh MikTeX database' ;)

 This the point for new users: after each operation do it ! ;)

 I used:
 This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.11a-2.1 (MiKTeX 2.3)
 (preloaded format=cont-en 2003.9.4)  4 SEP 2003 23:12
 and:
 ConTeXt  ver: 2003.8.21  fmt: 2003.9.4  int: english  mes: english

 Best regards
 Martin

* Metapost error
@ 2011-10-19 11:34 Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2011-10-19 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans, Hi all,

with newest Context and luatex compiling following file:

\starttext
\startMPcode
draw externalfigure "hacker.jpg" xscaled 30mm yscaled 20mm ;
\stopMPcode
\stoptext

doesn't show the picture and gives an error message:

! Improper `addto'.
<to be read again>
                   withpen
draw->...:also(EXPR0)else:doublepath(EXPR0)withpen
                                                  .currentpen.fi._op_
<to be read again>
                   ;
<to be read again>
                   ;
<*> ...re "hacker.jpg" xscaled 30mm yscaled 20mm ;
                                                   ;

metapost        > error: unknown, no error, terminal or log messages
metapost        > terminal: [1]

Thanks for any help

Lutz