* Mapping diagram
@ 2001-01-11  5:59 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2001-01-11  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans et all,

I'm looking for a way to make a nice mapping diagram. Something like:

1----->5
2----->6

But, I'd like to eliminated 2 from the domain (left) and have both error
emanate from the 1, the first one going to 5, the second to 6.

I'd like to do this in Context.

Any ideas?

* Re: Mapping diagram
@ 2001-01-11  8:48 ` s. knypstra
From: s. knypstra @ 2001-01-11  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would also like to use arrows in simple flow charts (with boxes and
arrows).
Is there a way to create arrows in ConTeXt?

Sytse Knypstra.

> I'm looking for a way to make a nice mapping diagram. Something like:

> 1----->5
> 2----->6
>
> But, I'd like to eliminated 2 from the domain (left) and have both error
> emanate from the 1, the first one going to 5, the second to 6.
>
> I'd like to do this in Context.
>
> Any ideas?

* RE: Mapping diagram
@ 2001-01-11 17:45 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-01-11 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl ', 's. knypstra '

At 12:50 PM 1/11/01 -0400, White, George wrote:
>Metapost is an excellent tool for drawing diagrams
>with boxes and arrows.  I think arrows are always
>"available" in metapost. The boxing macros are designed
>specifically for this sort of figure, but I'm not sure
>that they will work with the metafun stuff, so you may
>have to generate the diagrams as external figures.  I
>used to do such diagrams using PStricks, metapost works just
>as well and is supported in pdftex.

I think that boxes should work well with metafun but I didn't test it
(dennis did and afaik succeeded). I did a rewrite of one of hobbies
packages concerning graphics but still have to document / integrate it [the
extensions concerns a bit more efficient way to handle embedded tex code].

Concerning diagrams, there is always the flowchart module. It has quite
some shapes, can draw arrows, draws its lines itself, and most of all, can
have all kind of context in the cells, so you can have hyperlinked charts.
This is described in an uptodate doc at our site.

This module will be extended as soon as i need it -)

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Mapping diagram
@ 2001-01-11 17:24 ` Denis B. Roegel
From: Denis B. Roegel @ 2001-01-11 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl ', 's. knypstra '

`White, George' wrote

>   The boxing macros are designed
>   specifically for this sort of figure, but I'm not sure
>   that they will work with the metafun stuff, so you may
>   have to generate the diagrams as external figures.

The boxes package works with metafun. You just have to be careful
where you put your "input boxes": not within beginfig/endfig.
You have to be careful, because in metafun you don't see the
pair beginfig/endfig.
The topic arised on the list about three weeks ago.

Denis

* RE: Mapping diagram
@ 2001-01-11 16:50 White, George