Hi Hans > >! Missing } inserted. > > > > } > > > > \halign > >\begintbl ... \rowTBL \tabskip \zeropoint \halign > > seem like you try to put something vertical into something horizontal, > maybe adding \endgraf or \vbox'ing helps Though I am not using XML at the moment, there seems to be a problem with pagebreaking with tables of the type \bTABLES .. \eTABLE. As other list members mentioned, the table is cut on the first page. I would be greatful if you could have a look at the enclosed example. Willi .