* table page breaking
@ 2003-03-19 19:59 Michael Wiedmann
From: Michael Wiedmann @ 2003-03-19 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there support for automati<c page breaking for long tables in
current ConTeXt (ver: 2003.3.4)?

Simon and I noticed that long tables don't break automatically to the

Michael
--
mw@miwie.in-berlin.de                              http://www.miwie.org
mw@miwie.org

* Re: table page breaking
@ 2003-03-20  9:44 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-20  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 08:59 PM 3/19/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Is there support for automati<c page breaking for long tables in
>current ConTeXt (ver: 2003.3.4)?
>
>Simon and I noticed that long tables don't break automatically to the

tabulate will break

table will break when asked for

bTABLE will break when split=yes

linetables will break horizontally and vertically

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: table page breaking
@ 2003-03-21 21:47   ` Simon Pepping
From: Simon Pepping @ 2003-03-21 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 10:44:23AM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> tabulate will break
>
> table will break when asked for
>
> bTABLE will break when split=yes
>
> linetables will break horizontally and vertically

The option \setupTABLE[split=yes] causes errors in
DocbookInContext. The revision history gives an error, tables in the
body do not obey this option.

The error in the revision history is as follows:

! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \halign
\begintbl ... \rowTBL \tabskip \zeropoint \halign
                                                  \bgroup \registerparoption...
<inserted text> \begintbl
                          \begintblrow \makeTBL {1}{1}\nexttblcol \makeTBL {...

\endTBL ...tblbox \scratchbox \else \the \tbltoks
                                                  \fi \else \vbox {\the \tbl...

\eTABLE ...{\doTBL {\row }{\col }}}\eTBL }\endTBL
                                                  \egroup \egroup \popTBL
l.52 \eTABLE
            \egroup
? x

The following file mimics what happens when the revision history is
processed, and generates the same error:

\setupTABLE[split=yes]

\starttext

\section{One}
Some text to continue with. Some text to continue with. Some text to
continue with. Some text to continue with. Some text to continue
with. Some text to continue with. Some text to continue with. Some
text to continue with. Some text to continue with. Some text to
continue with. Some text to continue with. Some text to continue
with. Some text to continue with. Some text to continue with.

\unprotect
\def\??xmldb              {xmldb}
\def\??xmldbrevhist       {\??xmldb rvh}
\setvalue{\??xmldbrevhist date}{Date}
\setvalue{\??xmldbrevhist authorinitials}{Author}
\setvalue{\??xmldbrevhist revnumber}{Revision}
\setvalue{\??xmldbrevhist revremark}{Remark}
\setvalue{\??xmldbrevhist revdescription}{Description}
\def\XMLDBenvironmentSaveElement#1%
    {\@EA\gdef\csname XMLDBused!#1\endcsname{1}}
\def\XMLDBElementList{revnumber,date,authorinitials,revremark,revdescription}
\processcommacommand[revnumber,date,authorinitials]\XMLDBenvironmentSaveElement
\def\XMLDBshowElementTH#1{%
    \@EA\ifx\csname XMLDBused!#1\endcsname\relax\else
        \bTH\getvalue{\??xmldbrevhist #1}\eTH
        \doglobal\addtocommalist{#1}\XMLDBElementsUsed
    \fi
}
\def\XMLDBshowElementTD#1{%
    \safeexpanded{\bTD \ignorespaces \csname #1:data\endcsname}\eTD}

\gdef\XMLDBElementsUsed{}%
\midaligned\bgroup
\setupTABLE[frame=off]
\setupTABLE[row][first][topframe=on]
\setupTABLE[row][first,last][bottomframe=on]
\bTABLE
% typeset header and construct the list of elements used
\bTR\processcommacommand[\XMLDBElementList]\XMLDBshowElementTH\eTR
% process content second pass
\setvalue{revnumber:data}{0.5}
\setvalue{date:data}{21 March 2003}
\setvalue{authorinitials:data}{SP}
\bTR\processcommacommand[\XMLDBElementsUsed]\XMLDBshowElementTD\eTR
\XMLflush{revhistory}%
\eTABLE\egroup

\protect

\stoptext

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
email: spepping@scaprea.hobby.nl

* Re: table page breaking
@ 2003-03-22 12:17     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-22 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:47 PM 3/21/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>! Missing } inserted.
><inserted text>
>                 }
><to be read again>
>                    \halign
>\begintbl ... \rowTBL \tabskip \zeropoint \halign

seem like you try to put something vertical into something horizontal,
maybe adding \endgraf or \vbox'ing helps

@ 2003-03-22 14:27       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-03-22 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)