* Pdftex 1.00b
@ 2002-06-25  6:36 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2002-06-25  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Before yesterday I downloaded pdftex 1.00b from CTAN for Windows.
After unpacking the zip-file I tried to generate the format files. On my XP
home edition however this was no success. XP closes down the pdftex and
pfdetex executable after a failure (hanging of the application).

Is there anybody who can tell me where the problem might be?

Greetings Willi

* Re: Pdftex 1.00b
@ 2002-06-26  7:31 ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2002-06-26  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

* Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl> writes:

> Before yesterday I downloaded pdftex 1.00b from CTAN for Windows.
> After unpacking the zip-file I tried to generate the format
> files. On my XP home edition however this was no success. XP closes
> down the pdftex and pfdetex executable after a failure (hanging of
> the application).

Can you try again with :

ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/fptex/standalone/bin-pdftex-1.00b-pretest-20020211-win32.zip

(Assuming a TeXLive installation)

Fabrice

* Re: Pdftex 1.00b
@ 2002-06-27  6:55   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2002-06-27  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi,

Sorry to bother you again. Yes my texinstallation is TeXlive 6. I downloaded
the zip file from the indicatd ftp-site.

After unzipping I was able to create a pdfetex.efmt format. I was not able
to create a pdftex.fmt. Pdftex was closed down by Windows XP with an error.

When running texexec with a very simple test.tex I was stuck with the
following error:

 TeXExec 2.7 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2001

            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : test
                output : standard
             interface : en
          current mode : all
               TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211-2.1 (Web2c 7.3.7x)
\write18 enabled.
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

              run time : 2 seconds

        total run time : 3 seconds

How to go further?

Thanks for your support. Willi

* Re: Pdftex 1.00b
@ 2002-06-27  7:16   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2002-06-27  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi,

I just sent a mail indicating, that I have problems with the pdfetex.efmt
format. - After regenerating the CONTEXT formats it works for pdfetex! ;-)

The generation of the dpftex.fmt is still impossible.

Thanks, Willi