* Variable Caption Locations
@ 2006-04-08 19:31 tbrowder
From: tbrowder @ 2006-04-08 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I need to have captions ABOVE tables but below all other float types.  The
default is below, and I know I can do something like

{
setupcaptions[location=top]
\placetable...
}

for each table.

But is there a more elegant way to do it globally?  Could ConTeXt have a
separate global setup for each type of float caption?

Thanks.

Tom Browder
Niceville, Florida

* Re: Variable Caption Locations
@ 2006-04-08 20:51 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-08 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

tbrowder wrote:
> I need to have captions ABOVE tables but below all other float types.  The
> default is below, and I know I can do something like
>
> {
> setupcaptions[location=top]
> \placetable...
> }
>
> for each table.
>
> But is there a more elegant way to do it globally?  Could ConTeXt have a
> separate global setup for each type of float caption?

\definefloat[mytable][mytables][table

\setupcaption[mytable][location=top]

\placemytable{}{}

(details.pdf has more info on that)