* nested itemizations setup
@ 2002-06-21 15:38 Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2002-06-21 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear gang,

Is there a way to setup, say, three levels of itemizations in a consistent
way? For example, can I set things up so that

\startitemize
  \startitemize
     \startitemize

      \stopitemize
   \stopitemize
\stopitemize

is always equivalent to

\startitemize[n]
  \startitemize[a]
     \startitemize[r]

      \stopitemize
   \stopitemize
\stopitemize

It appears from the manual that this has to be done each time manually which,
of course, goes against the TeX/ConTeXt philosophy:-)

Best
Idris

--
Dr. Idris S Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* Re: nested itemizations setup
@ 2002-06-23 10:32 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-06-23 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:38 AM 6/21/2002 -0600, Idris S Hamid wrote:
>Dear gang,
>
>Is there a way to setup, say, three levels of itemizations in a consistent
>way? For example, can I set things up so that
>
>\startitemize
>   \startitemize
>      \startitemize
>
>       \stopitemize
>    \stopitemize
>\stopitemize
>
>is always equivalent to
>
>\startitemize[n]
>   \startitemize[a]
>      \startitemize[r]
>
>       \stopitemize
>    \stopitemize
>\stopitemize
>
>It appears from the manual that this has to be done each time manually which,
>of course, goes against the TeX/ConTeXt philosophy:-)

and therefore, you can say:

\setupitemize[1][symbol=r]
\setupitemize[2][symbol=a]
\setupitemize[3][symbol=g]

(in this case a symbol is tried as conversion first)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: nested itemizations setup
@ 2002-06-23 16:48 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2002-06-23 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hi,

You can setup itemize-levels indipendently:

\setupitemize[1][.....] %highest level
\setupitemize[2][.....] %middel level
\setupitemize[3][.....] %innermost level

Regards Willi

@ 2002-06-23 23:13   ` Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2002-06-23 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Sunday 23 June 2002 10:48, Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can setup itemize-levels indipendently:
>
> \setupitemize[1][.....] %highest level
> \setupitemize[2][.....] %middel level
> \setupitemize[3][.....] %innermost level

Thnx, Willi, it works now.

Best
Idris
--