* Headers, footers, page numbering
@ 2005-06-12 16:49 Keith McKay
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Keith McKay @ 2005-06-12 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear All

I have produced a nice little A5 pamphlet which I will be printing on A4
paper.  I have had a lot of fun doing this and I am quite pleased that I was
able to install fonts and fleurons which I needed in the process.  However,
I have a problem which I am having difficulty in solving.  How can I stop
the Header, footer and page number being printed on the first page?  I have
looked through the big Context manual but I can't figure it out.  Any hints?

Thanks
Keith McKay
Hamilton, Scotland

* Re: Headers, footers, page numbering
@ 2005-06-12 16:57 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-06-12 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Keith McKay wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have produced a nice little A5 pamphlet which I will be printing on A4
> paper.  I have had a lot of fun doing this and I am quite pleased that I was
> able to install fonts and fleurons which I needed in the process.  However,
> I have a problem which I am having difficulty in solving.  How can I stop
> the Header, footer and page number being printed on the first page?  I have
> looked through the big Context manual but I can't figure it out.  Any hints?

I hope this is a good enough solution

   \startstandardmakeup
    .... text for first page
   \stopstandardmakeup % implicit pagebreak here

Taco

* Re: Headers, footers, page numbering
@ 2005-06-12 19:14 ` Paul Tremblay
From: Paul Tremblay @ 2005-06-12 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I have produced a nice little A5 pamphlet which I will be printing on A4
> paper.  I have had a lot of fun doing this and I am quite pleased that I was
> able to install fonts and fleurons which I needed in the process.  However,
> I have a problem which I am having difficulty in solving.  How can I stop
> the Header, footer and page number being printed on the first page?  I have
> looked through the big Context manual but I can't figure it out.  Any hints?

\setupheader[part][header=high]
\setupfooter[part][footer=high]
\part{}

Is one way to do this. Put this right before you start the text of
your first page. Since you have to use \part{} to get this to work,
you might have some side-affects, but usually it is easy to work
around these.

If you have already broken up your document into parts, such as
chapters or secions, use those instead of part:

\setupheader[chapter][header=high]
\setupfooter[chapter][footer=high]
\chater{}

http://getfo.sourceforge.net/context_xml/page3.html

Paul

--

************************
*Paul Tremblay         *

* RE: Headers, footers, page numbering
@ 2005-06-12 21:33   ` Keith McKay
From: Keith McKay @ 2005-06-12 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Taco

I tried out your suggestion and it helped me to solve my problem.  My
document structure now looks like so:

% All my setups for fonts, papersize, layout, page numbering mapfiles,
header, footer  etc
\starttext
\startstandardmakeup

This contains the text for the first page i.e. Title, Name, and a nice
flueron as a graphic in a large font size (looks quite good even though I
say it myself).No header or footer appears on this page.

\stopstandardmakeup

%Here I added (after a search through the mail archive):-
\setuppagenumbering[location=margin,alternative=doublesided,state=start]
\setuppagenumber[number=2]

%and this solved the page numbering problem.These two commands were
initially before \starttext

The rest of the text with header and footer

\stoptext

Thanks also to Paul your suggestion looks like the way to go for bigger
documents.

Best Wishes

Keith McKay
Hamilton, Scotland

@ 2005-06-13  9:05 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-06-13  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Keith,

you might use \noheaderandfooterlines

otherwise you could say \setupheader[state=high]

Willi

@ 2005-06-13 16:51   ` Keith McKay
From: Keith McKay @ 2005-06-13 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Willi