From: "Thomas Floeren" <thomas.floeren@boschung.com>
Subject: Re: Footnote numbers and leftmargin setup [mkIV]
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 15:23:06 +0200	[thread overview]

Wolfgang Schuster <mailto:schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote on Monday,
May 03, 2010 2:20 PM:

> Am 03.05.10 14:11, schrieb Thomas Floeren:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> in mkII I use to set my left margins to 0pt. When I do this now in
>> mkIV, I get misplaced footnote numbers (at the bottom).
>>
>> Example:
>>
>> \setuplayout
>> 	[leftmargin=\zeropoint]
>>
>> \starttext
>> just text\footnote{foot text}
>> \stoptext
>>

>> To get correctly placed numbers I have to either set the leftmargin
>> to>= 5pt, or leave out the leftmargin key in setuplayout.
>>
>> Is this a bug or just the mkIV way?
>>
> The code for footnotes in MkII and MkIV is different, while MkII use
> it's own
> code MkIV use enumerations for the notes (that's why you can use
> nearly all
> options from enumerations) and the number is placed by default in the
> left margin
> but why do you set leftmargin to 0pt?

If I don’t set the leftmargin, everything is messed up.

Try this with and without leftmargin setup key:

%--------------
\setuplayout
	[backspace=25mm,
	cutspace=15mm,
	topspace=10mm,
	header=\zeropoint,
	headerdistance=\zeropoint,
	bottomspace=10mm,
	footer=5mm,
	footerdistance=8mm,
	% leftmargin=\zeropoint,
	rightmargin=\zeropoint,
	height=fit,
	width=fit,
	location=middle]

\setupfooter [state=start,before=\hrule]
\setupfootertexts
	[nice text here]	[and here]

\starttext
\dorecurse{20}{just text }\footnote{foot text}
\page\null
\stoptext

Without the leftmargin key, text and footer leave the page borders.

Guess I have to to change my way to setup the layout in mkIV(?)

Thomas