* Hooikaas
@ 1999-06-24  9:08 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 1999-06-24  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

In a book I'm typesetting the name of some fancy lady, "J.H. Hooikaas-Van
Leeuwen Boomkamp".

I do it this way:

J.\thinspace H.~Hooi\-kaas||Van Leeuwen Boomkamp

I am almost sure that the \- before "kaas" is not necessary, but I put it
there just ot be sure. What I wonder (but this is not a texnical question,
sorry) is whether or not I should put thinspaces around the || to imrpove
the looks and logic of the name.

Ideas?

Greetings,

Frans

frans@iaf.nl  www.iaf.nl/Users/Meridian
   "If you forgot what 'mnemonics' means,
     you have a problem."
Frans Goddijn Pb 30196 6803 AD Arnhem NL
 tel/fax 026-3211759  & 06-21 81 5881

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-06-24  9:08 UTC | newest]