* \hfill in \omlijnd?
@ 2001-09-18 16:22 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2001-09-18 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

if I want to draw a box around a line

\omlijnd[breedte=7cm,hoogte=ruim]{links \hfill rechts}

I get an error about a missing } ... any ideas?

\\\\\\\\\
! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \normalvfil
l.123 \stoptekst
\\\\\\\\\\

Groet,

Frans

* Re: \hfill in \omlijnd?
@ 2001-09-18 17:25 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2001-09-18 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Frans Goddijn" <frans@goddijn.com> writes:

> if I want to draw a box around a line
>
> \omlijnd[breedte=7cm,hoogte=ruim]{links \hfill rechts}
>
> I get an error about a missing } ... any ideas?

No, perhaps try a little different formatting:

\omlijnd
        [...]
        {...}

--
Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: \hfill in \omlijnd?
@ 2001-09-18 17:41   ` Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2001-09-18 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, I found what I did wrong. I had "19%" in my actual file, and not in
the simplified example I gave but I should have put 19\% there or the
following } would be invisible and thus missing...

a stupid mistake which I understandably made for the first time way back in
1992 when I started using TeX but which I shouldn't be bothering anyone with
today... ;=}}

> > I get an error about a missing } ... any ideas?
>
> No, perhaps try a little different formatting:
>
> \omlijnd
>         [...]
>         {...}

groet,

Frans

* a real \omlijnd question now
@ 2001-09-18 19:49 ` Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2001-09-18 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the example below, I wanted to get three boxed textlines right on top of
one another but what I get is the line with "example" on it and right below
that the first line, THEN a large vskip and then the second and third text
line boxed right on top of one another. I don't seem to get the three
together. So I get:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Example
this is the first line

second line
third
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

It's very puzzling... does anyone see what I can't?
Groet, Frans

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\steluitvoerin[pdftex]

\starttekst

{\bf Example}

\omlijnd{this is the first line}\crlf
\omlijnd{second line}\crlf
\omlijnd{third}
\stoptekst

\stoptekst

* Re: a real \omlijnd question now
@ 2001-09-18 21:03   ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2001-09-18 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Frans Goddijn" <frans@goddijn.com> writes:

> In the example below, I wanted to get three boxed textlines right on top of
> one another but what I get is the line with "example" on it and right below
> that the first line, THEN a large vskip and then the second and third text
> line boxed right on top of one another. I don't seem to get the three
> together. So I get:

Suggestion:

\framed[borders=none]{\framed.. \framed .. \framed ..}

borders=none is probably not the correct option, look it up in the
manual.

Perhaps this works? Or else a simple \vbox{..} and within it the
\framed options.

--
Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: a real \omlijnd question now
@ 2001-09-18 21:23     ` Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2001-09-18 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Berend de Boer <berend@pobox.com>
> \framed[borders=none]{\framed.. \framed .. \framed ..}

with this I get all three lines compressed in one line, like the \crlf is
ineffective:

\omlijnd[kader=uit]{
\omlijnd{this is the first line}\crlf
\omlijnd{second line}\crlf
\omlijnd{third}}
\stoptekst

> borders=none is probably not the correct option, look it up in the
> manual.
>
> Perhaps this works? Or else a simple \vbox{..} and within it the
> \framed options.

It's really fascinating, but this still gives a big vspace right after the
first framed line:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Example\crlf\vskip2ex

\vbox{
\omlijnd{this is the first line}\crlf
\omlijnd{second line}\crlf
\omlijnd{third}}
\stoptekst
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Only this following works, but then there is not even a new line between the
word "example" and the rest:

\starttekst
Example\crlf
\omlijnd{this is the first line}\crlf
\omlijnd{second line}\crlf
\omlijnd{third}
\stoptekst

any vertical space requested after the "Example" word is *moved* from
between that word and the first framed line to the line after that...

Groet!

Frans

* Re: a real \omlijnd question now
@ 2001-09-19  8:03       ` Olya Briginets
From: Olya Briginets @ 2001-09-19  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Frans,

Frans Goddijn wrote:

> Only this following works, but then there is not even a new line between the
> word "example" and the rest:
>
> \starttekst
> Example\crlf
> \omlijnd{this is the first line}\crlf
> \omlijnd{second line}\crlf
> \omlijnd{third}
> \stoptekst
>
> any vertical space requested after the "Example" word is *moved* from
> between that word and the first framed line to the line after that...

Try to put \leavevmode before the first \framed:

  \starttext
  Example

  \bigskip

  \leavevmode
  \framed{this is the first line}\crlf
  \framed{second line}\crlf
  \framed{third}

  \stoptext

or use \par instead of \crlf

Olya

* Re: a real \omlijnd question now
@ 2001-09-19 10:58         ` Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2001-09-19 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Olya,

Yes, that was it! As a matter of fact, I did try \leavevmode yesterday but I
didn't try it with an empty line above it. These commands are deep-in TeX
for me and I don't try to understand them... ;=}

bolshoi spasiba isho,

Frans