* problem with texexec
@ 2001-08-13 14:12 Hervé rouault
From: Hervé rouault @ 2001-08-13 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm a beginner and I try to install context. I use MiKTeX. I read the minstall file and when I try to execute texexec I get the message :

C:\WINDOWS>texexec --make en
Missing $ on loop variable at C:\LOCALTEXMF\CONTEXT\PERLTK\TEXEXEC.pl line 788.

The line 788 of texexec.pl is :

      sub CheckOutputFormat

      { my $Ok = 1 ;

      if ($OutputFormat ne 'standard')

      { my @OutputFormat = split(/,/,$OutputFormat) ;

788   foreach my $F (@OutputFormat)

      { if (defined($OutputFormats{lc $F}))

      { my $OF = $OutputFormats{lc $F} ;

      next if (",$FullFormat," =~ /\,$OF\,/) ;

      if ($FullFormat) { $FullFormat .= "," }

      $FullFormat .= "$OutputFormats{lc $F}" }

      else

      { $Ok = 0 } }

      if (!$Ok)

      { print $Help{output} }

      elsif ($FullFormat)

      { print OPT "\\setupoutput[$FullFormat]\n" } }

      unless ($FullFormat)

      { $FullFormat = $OutputFormat } } # 'standard' to terminal

Is my texexec.pl correct??

* Re: problem with texexec
@ 2001-08-13 15:23 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2001-08-13 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hervé rouault wrote:
> Is my texexec.pl correct??

Nearly. texexec.pl should start with the line

require "5.005";

Hans, fix this please, it's important.

Hervé, your problem is that your perl is too old.

--
groeten,

Taco

* Re: problem with texexec
@ 2001-08-13 15:25   ` Hervé rouault
From: Hervé rouault @ 2001-08-13 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Nearly. texexec.pl should start with the line
>
> require "5.005";
>
> Hans, fix this please, it's important.
>
> Hervé, your problem is that your perl is too old.

I don't anderstand, I have downloaded the last version of activeperl
(5.6.1.628)

Hervé

Ps : should I correct my texexec.pl with 5.005?

* Re: problem with texexec
@ 2001-08-13 21:54     ` Olya Briginets
From: Olya Briginets @ 2001-08-13 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Hervé rouault wrote:

> > Hervé, your problem is that your perl is too old.
> >
> I don't anderstand, I have downloaded the last version of activeperl
> (5.6.1.628)

Seems like a bug in ActiveState Perl (not unusual). You can try and download
Perl build 522 from ActiveState site, more old but more stable, works for me OK.

> Hervé
>
> Ps : should I correct my texexec.pl with 5.005?

It won't help if you really have 5.6. If you don't want to downgrade,
you can also try to delete "my" after "foreach", but I'm not sure that it is
safe.

Olya

* Re: problem with texexec
@ 2001-08-14 14:55       ` Hervé rouault
From: Hervé rouault @ 2001-08-14 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

It works fine with activeperl 5.6.1.623

Thanks

Hervé
> > > Hervé, your problem is that your perl is too old.
> > >
> > I don't anderstand, I have downloaded the last version of activeperl
> > (5.6.1.628)
>
> Seems like a bug in ActiveState Perl (not unusual). You can try and
download
> Perl build 522 from ActiveState site, more old but more stable, works for
me OK.

> > Hervé
> >
> > Ps : should I correct my texexec.pl with 5.005?
>
> It won't help if you really have 5.6. If you don't want to downgrade,
> you can also try to delete "my" after "foreach", but I'm not sure that it
is
> safe.
>
> Olya

* Problem with TeXexec
@ 2004-08-03 12:31 Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2004-08-03 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good afternoon.

I have just installed a new Linux system (SuSE 9.1 with teTeX) and the
new ConTeXt (texexec version 4.3) -- in the same way as older one. But
it doesn't work. It writes a following error message:

    sh: line1: cont-en: command not found
    This is pdfetex...
    **
    ! End of file on the terminal ... why?

I do wrong? How can I correct it? I tried to link cont-en to pdfetex,
but I've still got the second error message. Moreover, the system tried
to make the format file.

Many thanks for your help.
Michal Kvasnicka

* Re: Problem with TeXexec
@ 2004-08-03 11:02 ` Eros Albertazzi
From: Eros Albertazzi @ 2004-08-03 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michal Kvasnicka wrote:
> Good afternoon.
>
> I have just installed a new Linux system (SuSE 9.1 with teTeX) and the
> new ConTeXt (texexec version 4.3) -- in the same way as older one. But

my suggestion is to remove suse tetex in favour of  Texlive + (uptodate)
context

installation hints are in http://contextgarden.net/Linux_Installation
compressed Texlive iso in http://www.tug.org/texlive/
Context from pragma

* Re: Problem with TeXexec
@ 2004-08-03 10:53 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-08-03 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

> I have just installed a new Linux system (SuSE 9.1 with teTeX) and the
> new ConTeXt (texexec version 4.3) -- in the same way as older one. But
> it doesn't work. It writes a following error message:

>     sh: line1: cont-en: command not found
>     This is pdfetex...

try the mailinglist archive:

http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20030316.182709.93dce502.html