* more beginner's problems
@ 2003-02-23 10:16 Raimund.Kohl
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Raimund.Kohl @ 2003-02-23 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

ok, here some more problems which I couldn't find a solution in the
manual.

First the space between two paragraphs. For example

\enableregime[il1]
\starttext
paragraph 1\par

paragraph 2\par
\stoptext

Should come out like two lines with one empty line in between. but it
comes out like two lines with no empty line in between. I tried
\paragraph, I tried \par and even nothing but an empty line, processing
the file with texexec always "glues" the two paragraphs together like

paragraph 1
paragraph 2

What is my fault here?

Next problem are the high commatas "blah". In german language the first
one has to come on the bottom of the line ... but this way the are
typesetted like in english ... above. I tried "`blah"', but this doesn't
work either. Also adding \language[de] at the beginning doesn't change
that behaviour.

Can anybody help?

Thank you in advance

Raimund

PS: I use a Linux machine with SuSE 8.0

* Re: more beginner's problems
@ 2003-02-23 10:48 ` Eckhart Guthöhrlein
From: Eckhart Guthöhrlein @ 2003-02-23 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> First the space between two paragraphs. For example

\setupwhitespace

> Next problem are the high commatas "blah". In german language the first
> one has to come on the bottom of the line ... but this way the are
> typesetted like in english ... above. I tried "`blah"', but this doesn't
> work either. Also adding \language[de] at the beginning doesn't change
> that behaviour.

Use \mainlanguage[de] to define the document language, \language[..] for
local switching.

\setupwhitespace[big]
\mainlanguage[de]
\enableregime[il1]

\starttext

Versuch es "`so"'.

{\language[en]\quotation{English}, \language[fr]\quotation{Français}}
und wieder \quotation{Deutsch}.

\stoptext

Tested this time;-)

Eckhart

* Re: more beginner's problems
@ 2003-02-23 12:12 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-02-23 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Raimund,
> paragraph 1
> paragraph 2

This is normal baviour of Context.
For vertical white space you need to tell it:

\blank
\blank[small]
\blank[medium]
\blank[big]

Willi

* Re: more beginner's problems
@ 2003-02-23 12:22 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-02-23 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> paragraph 1
> paragraph 2

For an easy getting started I would suggest, that you look into the manual
'Context an excursion' - mp-cb-en.pdf
at the PRAGMA site www.pragma-ade.com  klick on the overview.htm link and
find down in the appearing list the mentioned file. There is also a
screen-version of it with the name ms-cb-en.pdf

Willi