From: "Christian" <metan0r@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Bibliography related questions
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 19:17:20 +0200	[thread overview]

Yes, you are right. But one has to explicitly specify the styles in that command, i.e:
\setupcite[authoryears,authoryear][interaccompress=no]

With all that together, I can do all that I need. Here's my modified code from the provided
samples:

---------------START OF FILE----------------
\setupbibtex[database=sample,sort=author]
\setuppublications[alternative=apa-de,sorttype=bbl,refcommand=authoryear]
\setupinteraction[state=start,color=darkgreen,style=normal]
\setupcite[authoryears,authoryear][compress=no]
\def\textpagecite[#1][#2]%
{\cite[alternative=authoryear,extras={, S.\,#2}][#1]}
\def\pagecite[#1][#2]%
{\cite[alternative=authoryears,extras={, S.\,#2}][#1]}
\def\indirectpagecite[#1][#2]%
{\cite[alternative=authoryears,left={(vgl. },extras={, S.\,#2}][#1]}
\starttext

\pagecite[Eijkhout1991][3]\\
\indirectpagecite[Eijkhout1991][3]\\
\textpagecite[Eijkhout1991][3]