* Re: Again: How to make empty pages by default empty?
@ 2003-09-22 20:43 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2003-09-22 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

The following message was sent by "Willi Egger" <w.egger@boede.nl> on
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:16:01 +0200.

&gt; Hi Steffen,

>  From: "Steffen Wolfrum" <wlfrm@estfiles.de>
>  Subject: [NTG-context] Again: How to make empty pages by default empty?
>

>  > >  > So I don't have to post so many (unanswered) questions any more...
>  > >
>  > >  Posting ConTeXt questions is fun, so don't stop doing this.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >  Patrick
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Alright! So maybe I am also allowed to send again
>  > one of my favorite problems from last week?
>  >
>  > Still unanswered. Still unsolved. Very interesting!
>  >
>  > To whom it may concern - don't hesitate to post an answer...
>  >
>  > Thank you all,
>  > Steffen
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>  >
>  > >  At 10:05 19/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>  > >  >Hi Steffen,
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >  > > \definepagebreak
>  > >  > >     [chapter]
>  > >  > >     [yes,header,right]
>  > >
>  > >  \definepagebreak
>  > >     [chapter]
>  > >     [empty,header,right]
>  >
>  >
>  > Sorry, but that doesn't work.
>  >
>  > When changed the minimal example to...
>  >
>  > \definepagebreak
>  >     [chapter]
>  >     [empty,header,right]
>  >
>  > \setuphead
>  >     [chapter]
>  >     [page=chapter,]
>  >
>  > \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>  >
>  > \starttext
>  > \startfrontmatter
>  >     \completecontent
>  > \stopfrontmatter
>  > \startbodymatter
>  > \chapter {test} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
>  > \chapter {test} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
>  > \chapter {test} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
>  > \stopbodymatter
>  >
>  > \stoptext
>  >
>  >
>  > ... we have page numbers on (empty) page number 4, 18 and 19!
>  >
>  > Plus there are two strange empty empty pages before the TOC?!
>
>  If you want to get a doublesided tzpeset document you should add also
>  \setuplayout[location=doublesided].

> [...]

Hi Willi, I hope that it can't be to difficult:

Cause the page before a new chapter is actually completely empty JUST
BECAUSE it is generated by (Con)TeX(t) - for chapters should begin on
a right page.

So I only ask for empty pages (without pagenumbers) that are
generated by (Con)TeX(t).

That's not possible in ConTeXt?

Steffen