* Right-aligning blocks of text
@ 2003-06-04 15:10 Andrew Lawson
From: Andrew Lawson @ 2003-06-04 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gents
    I'm a newbie with Tex and ConTeXt but enjoying
myself so far. Everything is working very smoothly
except for one single issue;
    I want to right-align a block of text, e.g. have
the text left-aligned but the block right aligned. An
ascii example would be;

 |                     Some text        |
 |                     More text        |
 |                     Even more text   |

    I've tried various context structures .. frames
etc and I've also tried \hboxes and \vboxes but the
best I can do is to specify the distance between the
text and the right margin. I want something that will
stretch to keep all the text on the page with just the
longest line hitting touching the right margin. I need
this 'box' to contain several paragraphs.
    I expect that there is a Plain TeX solution but
I'm hoping there will be an even easier ConTeXt
solution.

        thanks

                Andrew

=====
Andrew Lawson
andrew@absentis.com
 www.absentis.com

http://calendar.yahoo.com

* Re: Right-aligning blocks of text
@ 2003-06-04 16:03 ` Bill McClain
From: Bill McClain @ 2003-06-04 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:10:07 -0700 (PDT)
Andrew Lawson <xandrew_lawsonx@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>     I want to right-align a block of text, e.g. have
> the text left-aligned but the block right aligned. An
> ascii example would be;

Would indenting the left margin do this? If so, look at \startnarrower
and \stopnarrower, and see the examples under "Indenting" at:

    http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                            Curiosities of the Sky
http://sattre-press.com/                    by Garrett Serviss

* Re: Right-aligning blocks of text
@ 2003-06-05  3:32 ` Guy Worthington
From: Guy Worthington @ 2003-06-05  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andrew Lawson wrote

>     I want to right-align a block of text, e.g. have
> the text left-aligned but the block right aligned. An
> ascii example would be
>
> |                                      |
> |                     Some text        |
> |                     More text        |
> |                     Even more text   |

I can't take credit for the following clever snippet of code:

\startalignment[left]
   \noindent\framed
     [width=fit,align=right,frame=off]
     {Some text\\More text\\Even more text}
\stopalignment

* Re: Re: Right-aligning blocks of text
@ 2003-06-05 10:40   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-06-05 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Guy wrote:

> I can't take credit for the following clever snippet of code:
>
> \startalignment[left]
>    \noindent\framed
>      [width=fit,align=right,frame=off]
>      {Some text\\More text\\Even more text}