* Footnote placement problems
@ 2001-02-04 15:14 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-02-04 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

sometimes, especially when using *lots* of footnotes, some problems happen;
mostly

(a) footnote text goes on the wrong page (next);
(b) text overwrites footnotes;

I believe that in such cases, rather than letting these things happen, ConTeXt
should try as hard as possible to prevent them, even at the cost of heavily
underfull pages (signaled) [from my poor debugging I belive (b) happens when
ConTeXt attemps an *overfull* page to prevent (a)]. I know that footnote
handling is *extremely* difficult, but I think these problems should be issued
as best as possible.

While browsing throught the core-not.tex code I found the reference to
\footnotelimit; if I understood correctly what it means, this should be set to
*false* to solve the two problems, when they arise. Am I correct?

Giuseppe Bilotta

Using Microsoft products is like
having sex without condoms---but
much less pleasurable