Am 19.02.2009 um 14:59 schrieb Yue Wang: >> Maybe it is different (I have no idea about Japanese typesetting, I >> can only speak Chinese, English, and Korean). >> - There are no "halfwidth punctuation" in most Chinese fonts. All the >> glyphs in those fonts are of same width. Only a small portion of >> Chinese fonts (like Adobe's OpenType fonts) contain these glyphs in >> certain features. >> - halfwidth glyph+0.5em minus0.5em ( = 1em) is not right, the >> punctuation should be compressed. some combinations like :" >> should >> also be compressed. >> > Sorry for the noise... I just want to say that Li Yanrui's example > does not show excellent Chinese typesetting. Maybe there is something > wrong here... The spacing between the punctuation is wrong and the comma shouldn't be at the begin of the line. I made a short file with a few examples a while ago. Wolfgang