From: "Frans Goddijn" <frans@iaf.nl>
Subject: meandering paths and names
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:35:44 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

while installing TeX (Perl, ConTeXt, PDFtex et cetera) on this new machine I am surprised by lots of little details that are
somewhat confusing.

The *.enc files for instance are in

\texmf\pdftex\base

on my original machine, but on this new machine they are on

\texmf\dvips\base

will mktexlsr make sure that the files are found anyway?

Also, in the installation manual for ConTeXt I read that I can change cont-sys.tex but then I discover that this file was named
cont_sys.tex on my original system, with a bunch of other files in a directory with the underscore in the filename instead of
the -dash. On the new machine, after installing ConTeXt, not one file with the name cont-sys.tex is found. Is it normal for a
"virgin" ConTeXt system not to have the con-sys.tex or cont_sys.tex file and does it matter if it's a _ or - in the filename?

Groet!

Frans

frans@goddijn.com   www.goddijn.com
tel NL 0621-815 881   fax: 026-3211759