* typescripts and environments
@ 2003-01-31  4:58 Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2003-01-31  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

A familiar issue, but I'm still a bit confused about how to set up a
proper typescript, and how to access it in a document.  Can someone
please look at the enclosed?

What I don't understand is how to name these files and typescripts,
where to put them, and how to access them in a document.

This is the beginnings of a typescript to handle some OpenType fonts
which have been converted to type 1.  What I will want to be able to do
is to say:

	base font = minionpro-osf
	footnote text font = minionpro-caption-osf
	title font = minionpro-display-osf
	section heading font = minionpro-subhead-osf

Am I on the right track with the enclosed file?  The environment file
is at the bottom, but I'm not sure how to access it correctly.  I've
tried \environment[minionpro-osf], but it doesn't seem to work (though
there might be other reasons I'm getting Computer Modern!).

Thanks,
Bruce

[-- Attachment #2: type-OpenTypePro.tex --]

* Re: typescripts and environments
@ 2003-01-31 10:36 ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-01-31 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 23:58:01 -0500
"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> A familiar issue, but I'm still a bit confused about how to set up a
> proper typescript, and how to access it in a document.  Can someone
> please look at the enclosed?

[...]

\starttypescript [sans] [optima] [ec]

  \definefontsynonym[Optima-Bold]       [lopb8t]  [encoding=texnansi]
  \definefontsynonym[Optima-BoldItalic] [lopbi8t] [encoding=texnansi]
  \definefontsynonym[Optima-Italic]     [lopri8t]  [encoding=texnansi]
  \definefontsynonym[Optima-Roman]      [lopr8t]  [encoding=texnansi]

\stoptypescript

<< the 8t shows that this font is in T1 (aka ec) encoding. Thus you should
<< use [encoding=ec] instead

=========== minionpro-osf.tex ======================

\startenvironment minionpro-osf

\usetypescriptfile[typeface]

<< you do not load the typescript file, since its name is
<< type-OpenTypePro.tex and not typeface.tex

Hope it helps,
  Jens

* Re: typescripts and environments
@ 2003-01-31 12:58 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-31 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 11:58 PM 1/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>A familiar issue, but I'm still a bit confused about how to set up a
>proper typescript, and how to access it in a document.  Can someone please
>look at the enclosed?
>
>What I don't understand is how to name these files and typescripts, where
>to put them, and how to access them in a document.

for project i always use the name typescript.tex

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: typescripts and environments
@ 2003-01-31 15:37   ` Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2003-01-31 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 05:36  AM, Jens-Uwe Morawski wrote:

> \startenvironment minionpro-osf
>
> \usetypescriptfile[typeface]
>
> << you do not load the typescript file, since its name is
> << type-OpenTypePro.tex and not typeface.tex

Thanks.  That was a dumb mistake!

But, I am still getting CM.  This is the first line of my file:

	\environment[minionpro-osf]

Is there something wrong there?

Bruce

* Re: typescripts and environments
@ 2003-01-31 15:40   ` Bruce D'Arcus
From: Bruce D'Arcus @ 2003-01-31 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 07:58  AM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 11:58 PM 1/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> A familiar issue, but I'm still a bit confused about how to set up a
>> proper typescript, and how to access it in a document.  Can someone
>> please look at the enclosed?
>>
>> What I don't understand is how to name these files and typescripts,
>> where to put them, and how to access them in a document.
>
> for project i always use the name typescript.tex

So you just use a single typescript file for all of your fonts, then,
and a bunch of environment files to access them?

Bruce

* Re: typescripts and environments
@ 2003-01-31 16:46     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-31 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:40 AM 1/31/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 07:58  AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>>At 11:58 PM 1/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>>
>>>A familiar issue, but I'm still a bit confused about how to set up a
>>>proper typescript, and how to access it in a document.  Can someone
>>>please look at the enclosed?
>>>
>>>What I don't understand is how to name these files and typescripts,
>>>where to put them, and how to access them in a document.
>>
>>for project i always use the name typescript.tex
>
>So you just use a single typescript file for all of your fonts, then, and
>a bunch of environment files to access them?

indeed, per project (which often is a series of books)

@ 2003-01-31 19:24   ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2003-01-31 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> What I don't understand is how to name these files and typescripts,
>> where to put them, and how to access them in a document.
>
> for project i always use the name typescript.tex

I name my typescript files type-something.tex and collect them in
texmf/tex/context/user/

(I use the same typescript files for several projects.)

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
www.fiee.net/texnique/
www.ramm.ch/context/

* Re: typescripts and environments
@ 2003-01-31 19:34     ` Jens-Uwe Morawski
From: Jens-Uwe Morawski @ 2003-01-31 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:40:43 -0500
"Bruce D'Arcus" <bdarcus@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 07:58  AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > At 11:58 PM 1/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> >> A familiar issue, but I'm still a bit confused about how to set up a
> >> proper typescript, and how to access it in a document.  Can someone
> >> please look at the enclosed?
> >>
> >> What I don't understand is how to name these files and typescripts,
> >> where to put them, and how to access them in a document.
> >
> > for project i always use the name typescript.tex
>
> So you just use a single typescript file for all of your fonts, then,
> and a bunch of environment files to access them?

My type-scripts are placed all in $TEXMFLOCAL/tex/context/user/.
Here a type-script file contains in most cases the font-declaration for
fonts of a specific font vendor. Some type-scripts are collections
of some funny single fonts (not a complete font family).

and then:

%%% env-s.tex >>>
\enableregime[il1]
\setupencoding[default=ec]

\usetypescriptfile[ts-larabie]
\definetypeface[BlueHighway][ss][sans][BlueHighway][default]
        [rscale=1.16,encoding=ec]

\usetypescriptfile[ts-misc-ttf]
\definetypeface[Binky][rm][serif][Binky][default][encoding=texnansi]

\usetypescriptfile[ts-lucidaso]
\usetypescript[berry][ec]
\definetypeface[BodyFont][rm][serif][palatino][default]
        [encoding=ec]
\definetypeface[BodyFont][ss][sans][helvetica][default]
        [encoding=ec]
\definetypeface[BodyFont][tt][mono][LucidaSO][default]
        [rscale=0.9,encoding=ec]
\setupbodyfont[BodyFont,10pt]
%%% env-s.tex <<<

%%% piechartmp-s.tex >>>