From: Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net>
Subject: Re: notes in the margin
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 22:01:09 +0100	[thread overview]

These issues are still open, I attached my current test file.

1)
There’s always space/indent in front of the note text, I’d like to get rid of that.
Notes should look like:

texttext text
texttext12 text   12
text texttext     Some remarks

But at the moment they’re like:

texttext text
texttext12 text   12
text texttext     __Some remarks

2)
If there is a possibility to influence the page breaking algorithm for notes, I’d like to know about that.
Stacking works nicely most of the time, but I have a few pages where the notes don’t fit.
The only option I know of is \adaptlayout to move lines of the main text. Something similar for note lines would be nice.

Another possibility would be to have some (very long) notes as footnotes instead of margin notes.
Is it possible to switch placement but keep the numbering? Maybe via different note setups and manually setting the counter?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
GPG Key ID 1C9B22FD

Am 2017-10-24 um 09:54 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net>:

> Am 2017-04-09 um 21:46 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com>:
>
>>> Henning Hraban Ramm 30. März 2017 um 10:30
>>> While I’m still waiting for answers to my other questions, I got some more:
>>>
>>> In my layout, left margin width is zero, but \inmargin always uses left margin.
>>> I didn’t find a setup to change that – should \setupmargindata[location=right] do the trick? (it doesn’t, also not with left)
>>>
>>> Further I’d like to place "foot"notes into the margin.
>>> It works like this:
>>>
>>> \setupnote[footnote][location=none]
>>> \setupnotation[footnote][
>>> align=flushleft,