From: "Frans Goddijn" <frans@goddijn.com>
Subject: It works
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:36:09 +0100	[thread overview]

Well, after some turbulencies my Times font really and perfectly works,
including my coveted Oldstyle / Expert Set.

It really is all very simple, as a few people have told me on this list. For
me, the best solution was to ask Taco to have a look into it, and when even
he got into a tangle over it, I was comforted that I wouldn't have easily
pulled it off even if I had his expertise :-)

Taco sent me the new working  files and to complete the story (so far, who
knows what might happen if the font setup gets upgraded again...) I provide
these successful files as example:

%%%%%%% start of file itworks.tex %%%%%%%%%
\steluitvoerin[pdftex]

\usetypescriptfile[type-fgtimes]
\usetypescript[xtimes][MyTimes]
\setupbodyfont[MyTimes]

\defineconversion[o][\oldstylenumerals]
\defineconversion[n][\oldstylenumerals]

\stelvoetnotenin[conversie=o]

\starttekst

De kat krabt de krullen van de trap in Times roman, {\bf bold}, {\it
italic}, {\bi bold-italic},
{\tfa groter} en {\tfx kleiner}

Dit is een normale hoog\hoog{12345}||test

Dit is een oldstyle hoog\hoog{\os{12345}}||test

enkele accenten: \"{e} \"{\i}

oldstyle os: \os{1234567890 ivx}

kap: \kap{dit is in kap, ivx 123456789}

em plus kap is geen goed idee: {\em\kap{dit is in em kap, ivx 123456789}}

osi heeft wel cijfers, geen letters: \osi{123456789}

\startopsomming[o,opelkaar]
\som 1 test\voetnoot{Does this look old enough?}
\som 2 test\voetnoot{Does this look old enough?}
\som 3 test\voetnoot{Does this look old enough?}
\som 4 test\voetnoot{Does this look old enough?}
\som 5 test\voetnoot{Does this look old enough?}
\som 6 test\voetnoot{Does this look old enough?}
\som 7 test\voetnoot{Does this look old enough?}
\som 8 test\voetnoot{Does this look old enough?}
\som 9 test\voetnoot{Does this look old enough?}
\som 10 test\voetnoot{Does this look old enough?}
\stopopsomming

\stoptekst
%%%%%%% end of file itworks.tex %%%%%%%%%

%%%%%%% start of type-fgtimes.tex
\starttypescript [serif] [xtimes]  [texnansi]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Roman]         [tnr2]
[encoding=\defaultencoding]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Italic]        [tnri2]
[encoding=\defaultencoding]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-Bold]          [tnrb2]
[encoding=\defaultencoding]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-BoldItalic]    [tnrbi2]
[encoding=\defaultencoding]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-RomanSC]       [tnrexp]
   \definefontsynonym [Times-RomanSCItalic] [tnrexpi]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [xtimes]  [name]
   \definefontsynonym [Serif]           [Times-Roman]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]       [Times-Bold]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]     [Times-Italic]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [Times-BoldItalic]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifCaps]       [Times-RomanSC]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifCapsItalic] [Times-RomanSCItalic]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [xtimes] [MyTimes]
  \definetypeface [MyTimes] [rm] [serif] [xtimes] [default]
[encoding=texnansi]
\stoptypescript

\definefont[Oldstyle][tnrexp]
\def\oldstylenumerals#1{{\Oldstyle #1}}
\def\os#1{{\Oldstyle #1}}

\definefont[OldstyleItalic][tnrexpi]
\def\oldstyleitnumerals#1{{\OldstyleItalic #1}}
\def\osi#1{{\OldstyleItalic #1}}

%\let\os\Oldstyle
%\let\osi\OldstyleItalic
%%%%%%% end of type-fgtimes.tex %%%%%%

%%%%%%% start of fg.map %%%%%%%%%%
%% Note: I'm not sure if this file is actually necessary nowadays
tnrexp    TimesNRExpertMT        <tnrexp.pfb
tnrexpi   TimesNRExpertMT-Italic <tnrexpi.pfb
tnrexpu   TimesNRExpertMT-Italic "-0.167 SlantFont" <tnrexpi.pfb
tnrexpo   TimesNRExpertMT        "0.167 SlantFont" <tnrexp.pfb
tnr2       TimesNewRoman            "TeXnANSIEncoding ReEncodeFont"
<texnansi.enc <tnr.pfb
tnri2      TimesNewRoman-Italic     "TeXnANSIEncoding ReEncodeFont"
<texnansi.enc <tnri.pfb
tnru2      TimesNewRoman-Italic     "-0.167 SlantFont TeXnANSIEncoding
ReEncodeFont" <texnansi.enc <tnri.pfb
tnro2      TimesNewRoman            " 0.167 SlantFont TeXnANSIEncoding
ReEncodeFont" <texnansi.enc <tnr.pfb
tnrb2      TimesNewRoman-Bold       "TeXnANSIEncoding ReEncodeFont"
<texnansi.enc <tnrb.pfb
tnrbi2     TimesNewRoman-BoldItalic "TeXnANSIEncoding ReEncodeFont"
<texnansi.enc <tnrbi.pfb
tnrbu2     TimesNewRoman-BoldItalic "-0.167 SlantFont TeXnANSIEncoding
ReEncodeFont" <texnansi.enc <tnrbi.pfb
tnrbo2     TimesNewRoman-Bold       " 0.167 SlantFont TeXnANSIEncoding
ReEncodeFont" <texnansi.enc <tnrb.pfb
tnrbx2     TimesNewRoman-Bold       "1.2 ExtendFont TeXnANSIEncoding
ReEncodeFont" <texnansi.enc <tnrb.pfb
tnrbix2    TimesNewRoman-BoldItalic "1.2 ExtendFont TeXnANSIEncoding
ReEncodeFont" <texnansi.enc <tnrbi.pfb
tnrbux2    TimesNewRoman-BoldItalic "-0.167 SlantFont 1.2 ExtendFont
TeXnANSIEncoding ReEncodeFont" <texnansi.enc <tnrbi.pfb
tnrbox2    TimesNewRoman-Bold       " 0.167 SlantFont 1.2 ExtendFont
TeXnANSIEncoding ReEncodeFont" <texnansi.enc <tnrb.pfb
%%%%%%% end of fg.map %%%%%%%%%%%

%%%%%%% list of my afm/pfb's for times %%%%
TNR.AFM
TNR.OFM
TNR.PFB
TNR.PFM
TNRB.AFM
TNRB.OFM
TNRB.PFB
TNRB.PFM
TNRBI.AFM
TNRBI.OFM
TNRBI.PFB
TNRBI.PFM
TNRBO.AFM
TNRBO.OFM
TNRBO.PFB
TNRBO.PFM
TNREXP.AFM
TNREXP.INF
TNREXP.PFB
TNREXP.PFM
TNREXPI.AFM
TNREXPI.INF
TNREXPI.PFB
TNREXPI.PFM
TNRI.AFM
TNRI.OFM
TNRI.PFB
TNRI.PFM
%%%%%%% end of list of afm/pfb files %%%%