* Strange problem with Blockquote
@ 2016-08-16 18:00 Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2016-08-16 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

I have a small but nasty problem with the book I’m (still) working on.

Its 10 chapters contain many Blockquotes, and they all come out as intended except one, in the first, unnumbered, chapter “Introduction". That particular blockquote v]comes out like the others only as far as its width and its fontsize are concerned, but unlike the others it insists on keeping the same interline distance as the main text. Even that would not have been too much of a problem if it had not spoiled the layout by pushing a rather large float off the page, leaving a large gap.

This particular chapter is input by means of the Frontmatter file, as is Ch1, which also contains several Blockquotes, that come out OK.

When I process this chapter “Introduction" separately with the same setups the blockquote also comes out allright.
When, as a test, I input that chapter again, the second time through the Bodymatter, then again it comes out allright (while the blockquote in the real Ch0 keeps its large interline distance).

I have tried the following:
- add the setup for the blockquote to the Frontmatter file
- add the setup for the blockquote also to the Ch0 file itself
- add \setupinterlinespace[small] in the text just before the blockquote and \setupinterlinespace[reset] after it.
None of this has changed the interline distance of the blockquote one bit.

Is there anybody on this list for whom this problem is or sounds familiar and who knows a remedy?
If not, which information would I have to give to make a diagnosis possible?
(It may be evident that it is impossible to show the problem in an MWE.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone

* Re: Strange problem with Blockquote
@ 2016-08-16 20:05 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-08-16 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Robert,

from what I get from your message, there is only one blockquote in the
introduction.

How about adding the following code before \starttext?

    \startsectionblockenvironment[frontpart]
        \setupinterlinespace[small] % or whichever value you want
    \stopsectionblockenvironment

I think it might work. I hope it helps,

Pablo

--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Strange problem with Blockquote
@ 2016-08-17 16:04   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-08-17 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/17/2016 10:55 AM, Robert Blackstone wrote:
> Hi Pablo,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion. I did try to insert this code where I
> thought I might help, though must admit that I'm not sure what to do
> with the argument [frontpart].

Hi Robert,

the command only changed the interline space in the front matter, not in
the blockquotes placed in the front part.

Sorry, because it was my fault. Today, I realized my mistake.

> In my projectfiles, admittedly rather a mess, there is nothing with the
> *name *frontpart. Anyway, with or without this or some other possibly
> more appropriate argument, nothing changed the behaviour of this, or
> rather a blockquote in this first chapter, not even surrounding the
> blockquote itself with \setupinterlinespace[small]
> ...  \setupinterlinespace[reset], as I wrote in my original post.

frontpart is the sectionblock name for frontmatter. BTW, I didn’t know
it myself. Wolfgang explained to me in one of the many  replies I
received from him.

A correct sample should read:

    \setupinterlinespace[line=4ex]
    \startsetups[interlinear:front]
        \setupinterlinespace[line=2.5ex]
    \stopsetups
    \startsetups[interlinear:general]
        \setupinterlinespace[line=5ex]
    \stopsetups
    \setupdelimitedtext
        [blockquote]
        [before={\directsetup{interlinear:general}}]
    \startsectionblockenvironment[frontpart]
    \setupdelimitedtext
        [blockquote]
        [before={\directsetup{interlinear:front}}]
    \stopsectionblockenvironment
    \starttext
    \startfrontmatter
    \dorecurse{2}{\input knuth\par
    \startblockquote\input zapf\stopblockquote}
    \stopfrontmatter
    \startbodymatter
    \dorecurse{2}{\input knuth\par
    \startblockquote\input zapf\stopblockquote}
    \stopbodymatter
    \stoptext

But I don’t know whether the way of setting the interline space for
delimited texts is the best one.

Wolfgang, could you correct (or confirm) my previous statement?

I hope it helps now,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk